Chapter 26

We stayed in Blackborne manor for three more days, since I've completely healed there is no reason for us staying here anymore. So I and Mortimer decided to go back to the island, but when we came back Mortimer island increased security by placing more guards.

In the air you can see avians patrolling the sky, in the daytime I see shifters who have tracking abilities patrolling the land, under the sea, you can see sirens and mermaids swimming and some witches watch everyone's auras on this island in case someone teleports to this island.

Well, when I first arrived at this island I didn't notice any guards, but I knew that this island is protected. But right now it's becoming more noticeable than ever before.

But then it's becoming more ridiculous, Mortimer took my phone so I wouldn't be coaxed/blackmailed. I agreed at the part that I shouldn't contact my friends for some time, but I didn't agree on having my phone taken away. I had all my favorite games there, but he still took my phone away.

I sighed while lying in bed, thinking about what I should do today. Then, I wondered what did the people in the middle ages do for fun?

They did sex, why else did people in the middle ages have lots of kids?

It's a good idea, but I don't plan to give away my virginity, yet. I mean someday I will lose my virginity to Mortimer, but the thing is I don't understand why I see myself doing that? Why do I see myself getting marked by him, mated to him, then married to him, and then cursing him out while giving birth to our children?

Maybe in my heart, I would rather settle down with Mortimer than anyone else? I don't know, but if I lose, I would rather lose to him than be forced into marrying Alexander.

I've decided that I'll go for the run since it's been a long time since I shifted into my wolf form. I quickly dressed up in my comfortable clothes, but before I left the house I saw Leon in front of the house giving me a sheepish smile.

"I've been appointed as your guard," Leon said sheepishly, I frowned and looked at Mortimer who was doing his work in the living room. He looked at me with the look 'I won't change my decision'.

"Better be safe than sorry ." With that, I huffed and angrily slammed the door. This is ridiculous, He increased security around the island, then he took my phone and now he appointed a guard to me.

"Alice, you know you can't blame Mortimer for worrying about you," Leon said to me as he tried to catch up to me since I'm walking at a fast pace.

"True, but it shouldn't be this extreme! " I said and Leon chuckled.

"Like I said you can't blame him, besides it was you who made him worry so much that he couldn't sleep or eat until your mother called him ." Leon was right. I did make him worry that it made him take a precaution, then I started feeling guilty.

"But do not worry, sirens tend to have strong emotions when it comes to their soul mates," Leon said with a grin that made me smile a little bit.

"Speaking of sirens, How did you meet Selena?" I asked with curiosity. I've never known how they both met, but it would be interesting to know. But then Leon started chuckling while remembering.

"Selena will kill me if I tell you," Leon said.

"Well, she isn't here so you can tell me." I chuckled.

"Fine"

Leon's P.O.V:

*Flashback*

I was seventeen when I met her, during this time I worked as a normal guard patrolling the town during day time. I also trained hard so I could earn more money, and then when I found my soulmate I could use that money to buy a home. Then I worked on the farm just to get the extra money. I am a hardworking person that saved money for the future.