Chapter 12

Mortimer P.O.V:

When I started living on the land a few years ago, I always had a hard time waking up in the sunlight. Since in the underwater kingdom, no sunlight can reach you. It was hard to get used to, but right now I feel calm and something feels right. When I opened my eyes I saw my soulmate snuggling to my chest while my arms wrapped around her waist, I gently stroked her cheek as she snuggled more closer. I will admit that she is the one I've been looking for.

But sadly after a year, she is planning to reject me. If she is rejected because she is in love with someone else, then the person with whom she is in love wants a war between werewolves and sirens. Even if she succeeds to escape me, her action will already put the werewolf and sirens relationship into jeopardy. And the worst thing is that our link between species is so weak, that if she fairly rejects me after a year we will be at risk of starting a war. I know that the outcome of the war will be rough.

I only hope that I can win her heart and make sure that she will happily let go of her dreams. Surely hypnotizing her would be easier, but again I can't there are two reasons for that. If I hypnotize her to love me and not reject me, I will not find out why I am attracted to her and her cute quirks. The second reason is that sirens are cursed with the Eros's curse.

Eros cursed sirens because when sirens met their mate, they would instantly hypnotize them so they wouldn't deal with the hardships of the relationship. In my opinion, it was very selfish, because after their significant other met them their life would end. It's not because we eat them, it's because they will remain docile for the rest of their lives. So if I hypnotize her I could never mark her, which to sirens it's irritating if they can't mark their soulmate. We can only mark our soulmates if they accept us without any influence by the hypnotizing spells.

Well, I guess I should get up right now. I went to shower myself and the fun fact is we do not shift by touching the water, we shift like werewolves by imagining our form. After I showered myself I heard my phone calling. I checked to see who is calling and currently, my younger sister Darya is calling me, so I picked up the phone call and left my room so I wouldn't interrupt my mate's sleep.

"Hey! How is my favorite brother doing~?" Darya cheerfully said.

"Nothing much, And I thought that phones are quickly ruined by the water?" I asked her.

"Well I got myself a waterproof phone and right now I'm just sitting on the land rock. And what do you mean nothing much? You found your soulmate! You even made Aquarius jealous of you since he is older than you and he didn't find one, yet. I don't think that is classified as nothing much. Oh and congratulations!" Darya said in a very excited voice. I guess I almost forgot to tell them that I found a soulmate.

"Well I hope you are not sitting on the rock in the siren form then, and I guess I forgot to tell you about that since I was busy. Sorry, you guys had to find out through the Fairy modified T.V. Is there anything else you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Oh, yes this afternoon we're gonna visit you guys~!" She cheerfully said at this moment my heart almost stopped.

"What?" My parents never visited me. I was living on land, usually, it's my sisters who were the ones who's visiting me.

"Yeah, Me, Lana, Anath, Aquarius, and our parents are gonna come to visit you this afternoon~!" Neither Aquarius ever visited me.

"Why are you guys visiting us?" I asked. It's a pain when someone unexpectedly visits you, not only do I have four hours left to plan, but I somehow need to tell Alice.

"Because you've been more of a brother to us three, while Aquarius was jerkf-!" I cut her off. I have younger sisters that are triplets. I protected them from the bullies and always helped them if they needed to. I also have an older brother named Aquarius, he always made fun of me and made fun of my sisters, but usually, we managed to kick his butt when we were kids. But currently, he is preparing to become King of the Atlantic Ocean. And to become a King he needs to find his soulmate.