Chapter 24

After a week of healing from the wolf's bane, I healed faster when Mortimer was here every day with me. I guess it's a part of the soulmate bond, but as a result, I started walking after a week.

But I would still wince in every step I take. Thankfully, my mother and Mortimer are here to help me, and now I started to worry about Mortimer because I know when he sees me struggling with walking he either blames himself or he wants to get revenge on the person who had hurt me.

But on a positive note, since I started walking on my own I don't need to be wired to the different monitors and lying on the bed. And the best part is I don't have to stay in the infirmary, I can stay in one of the guest rooms with Mortimer, so I can cuddle with him.

Yes, I openly admit that I want to cuddle with Mortimer. Since I've never dated before, so I never cuddled with someone, but since Mortimer likes to cuddle with me or do any loving actions involving me. I started to like cuddling with Mortimer, at first I was in denial and then I got used to it. I just like to be in his arms because when being in his arms he always makes me feel loved.

Right now I'm in bed cuddling with Mortimer. Since we're in France it's not that sunny like on Mortimer's island, so this time Mortimer doesn't wake up early like he always does. But the problem is that I need to pee and I can't get out of Mortimer's grip, he would always tighten the grip when I try to get out.

"Mortimer." I sweetly said his name and tried to wake him up so he would let go of me. But he just murmured in the sign that he hears me and wants to know what I want from him in this state.

"Mortimer, can you let me go? I need to go to the bathroom." I said.

"No." He murmured as he tightened his grip on me, then I sighed and decided to use one of the methods that he used on me. I gave him a sweet short kiss and he groaned from that.

"More!" He murmured in a husky voice.

"You'll get more after I come back from the bathroom." I suggestively whispered to him in the ear.

"Fine." And then he finally let me go. It was a painful journey since I haven't completely healed yet, but I managed to reach the bathroom. After I emptied my insides, I looked at a mirror. I looked like a mess I had tangled in my hair, my skin had paled after Gerard injected the wolfsbane.

I don't know if Mortimer knows who attacked me or not. Since I didn't tell him, but there is a chance that my mom's soulmate already told him. But I know exactly if Mortimer finds out that the head of the werewolf council attacked me and he had escaped from vampires. There is no way after a year he would let me go back to my pack.

I guess going back to my pack is not an option for me anyway. Because I don't know if my Dad and my friends wanted to have a war with sirens. Maybe, the council was ordered to take me back from Mortimer. Do my dad and my brother think that I should be with Alexander rather than Mortimer?

Oh man, How did I enter into an unwanted love triangle? Well with Alexander I couldn't have an interesting conversation he always talked about himself and his stupid plans for the future. But when I talked about how we could save the dying forest where we always go to shift, he easily gets bored and changes the topic about himself.

With Mortimer, I always have interesting conversations about what would happen if humans never existed or we talk about Mortimer's island's future. Unlike Alexander, Mortimer's are more clever and realistic and if he hears my opinion he either counters them with his argument or agrees with my opinion and tells me how glad he is to have an intelligent soulmate. Together we always play chess or checkers and watch movies or we just cuddle and chat. Alexander can't even play chess, but he always takes to the training ground and watches him when he shows off how strong he is. Then I have started lying to him that I'm busy so I wouldn't deal with him.

If I were given a choice to choose between them, I would choose Mortimer. But luckily none is making me choose. I can still fight for myself with a condition that I would fairly give Mortimer a chance to win my heart, but he already did that. Oh well, he doesn't need to know that, yet.

I decided to go to the garden, so I can think more about this situation while breathing fresh air. Since Mortimer was sleeping I changed my clothes and left the room unnoticeable. While walking through the hallway I noticed there are barely any guards or maids during the day. Well it's a vampire cove probably they are all asleep and a few of them are on the day shift.

When I found the garden, I searched for a bench to sit on it. Their weather is bland . There are clouds, but there is no sign that it will start raining right now. The garden is filled with roses since I guess it represents the Blackborne family. I heard that Vampires like to use flowers to represent their family or coven, but I don't know if all of them do that.

While admiring the garden I felt another presence in the garden. I turned around to see a girl that looked like six years old. She has light brown hair like mine, yellow eyes like other Blackborne members and she has facial features like my mother's. I guess it's my half-sister that my mother was telling me about.

"I've never seen you before, who are you?" A little girl asked me. I decided not to reveal myself as her sister, since it's not my place and I don't know what kind of reaction I will receive.

"I'm Alice, I'm a guest here! What about you ?" I carefully introduced myself.

"I'm Lilith! Do you want to play with me?" She beamed with her smile and held a ball. I'm not in the best condition to play right now, but I guess I need to forget about the pain.

When we played I felt a very distant connection with her, it kinda makes me sad that she doesn't have a clue that I'm her sister. But on the other hand, we don't need to have a close connection, since it's my first time meeting my sister. I felt nostalgic when I looked at her. She is the mini-me but with yellow eyes and pale skin.

We played for a few minutes until the maid found us and ushered us to the dining room. In the dining room, everyone waited for us and I sat next to Mortimer. When everyone has finished eating breakfast in the dining room, Mortimer, my mom, and my mom's soulmate.

"There are a few things we need to discuss before you leave." My mom's soulmate said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your thoughts ?