Chapter 6

So it turns out that Megan Wildfire is the same werecat that I bumped to. Even though we started on the wrong foot we had to sulk it up, since we have to plan our strategy. This week I trained to become faster and stronger, so I could have a chance of not having a mate at all. Megan was practicing like me while Elisa and Candice were preparing some potions and spells.

This day is a preparation day. It's the last day before we have to go to the Arena. So, Megan, Elisa, and Candice gathered in the library to discuss our strategies. Megan came first in the library having books laid on her table as she waited for us. She glanced at me and decided to be quiet while we were waiting for Candice and Elisa. When Candice and Elisa came and sat next to us, Megan spoke up.

"Does anyone here want to have a mate?" Megan asked with a strict tone and strict eyes. We all shook our heads since we know that we want to remain mateless.

"So, What's the plan ?" Elisa asked if she was sitting bored and didn't like sitting in the libraries. Megan sighed disappointingly and showed the books she looked at.

"It's clear that this library doesn't have any information that is written in English. Only in Russian" Megan answered. I looked at the books and I took one from the pile to check. I know Russian so I can read those books. Books are written in Russian indeed.

"The books are not a reliable source, but a computer would be good " I suggested and put back the book I was checking. Elisa and Candice nodded.

"It would be good if it was in English, ''Megan duly answered. She looked tired and hopeless.

"Nah, it's good for me since I know Russian," I answered and stood up to look for a Computer. I saw that no one was using the computer so I sat in one and found google. Then I googled about secret places in the area where games are held and it looks like I hit the jackpot.

Some of my ancestors are from Russia, so it was required for me and my brother to know this language. Plus my grandmother spoke in Russian and she was stubborn about learning English. So my dad hired tutors so we can learn it.

After a few minutes of reading the information, Candice came to check on me.

"So any news? " Candice asked and I nodded and I told her to bring a map of the Arena since I wanted to show my plan. Then I started explaining my plan.

"So you're saying that there is Cave behind a waterfall?"Elisa asked me with curiosity. I nodded that there is Cave behind Waterfall that is good for hiding and having a temporary shelter.

"So how far is this Cave? I wanted to know that we all have different speeds and what if we don't get there in time before boys will be released?"Megan theorized. She is right, we might not have enough time. Candice and Elisa agreed with Megan. If counting that we have two hours to hide it means we have some time.

"Well judging by my calculations it's possible for Me and Megan to be there in the hour in our animal form. Candice can get there by flying in an hour with a half. But it will take more than two hours for Elisa to get there" I answered and looked at her with a sorry face.

"Well I have pixie dust that will help Elisa to fly, so it won't be a problem" Candice answered.

"Well, I guess we are all good here!" Elisa answered cheerfully because she's not gonna be left out after all. After that, we ended up discussing how we can get there without leaving any scent.

In the Evening I was packing items in a waterproof bag. The Administrators are always giving the waterproof bag to the participants, but also they give a waterproof suit like the one in the Hunger Games so we can shift easily without ripping out the suit.

I packed a lighter, a blanket, some cans of food and bottles and other things. Then I went to the lobby to watch some TV since I never had time to relax. The lobby was empty. It was quiet here except that only the TV was working. I went closer to the TV and sat on the sofa. I wonder why people don't come on the last day. You can relax by watching some TV. Then my favorite show started about Mating Games.

"Today we are gonna talk about which girls male participants chose their favorites. Boys are given pictures of the girls which they have to pick as their three favorites" the Host explained.

"Now first place with 46% votes got Alice Silvermoon" with that I stopped thinking. Now I know why girls don't watch TV on the last day. Because it's stressful to find out that I'm the most targeted girl. On this day I went to my cabin to sleep. And it was hard to sleep but somehow I managed.

The next day I was sleepy but coffee can fix that. There's only two hours left until we have to arrive at the entrance of the Arena. So I went to shower, after a shower, I dried my hair with the blow drier and styled my hair with a ponytail so it's will easier in the Arena. Then I put on my waterproof and indestructible suit.

Fifteen minutes left until the gates open I saw a big crowd of girls in waterproof suits. I couldn't find Megan, Elise, and Candice anywhere. So I moved my bag on my back and tightened the special bag belts. It will be comfortable to travel while I'm on my wolf form. I was nervous and sweating. I shifted into my wolf form then the dreaded countdown started.

3

2

1