Chapter 7

I ran through the crowd. It was a hassle being in the wolf form since I ran into some girls who were in my way. I ran into a beautiful forest. The leaves are greener than in my hometown. The forest is really quiet. You can hear the chirping of the birds, and if you close your eyes you can feel the presence of the wild animals. My heart filled with joy being in my wolf form and running through the forest.

Luckily, it's started raining so it means I can hide my scent, the bad news is that Sirens, mermen, and water nymphs can easily smell my scent now. I kept running until I saw a big river, tracking scent in the river is hard because it's always washing away so I swam to the other side of the shore. Another thirty minutes run and I have arrived next to the big lake. This means I'm close to the cave that is behind the waterfall. So I climbed into a cave and I successfully entered it.

When I entered the cave I saw Megan who is starting the fire in the cave. She looked calm that I had arrived or I should say relieved, that I was here. I looked around the cave, the cave was big enough so we could hide. It was dimly lit, our only light source is fire. So we both started to prepare the food. We both agreed that we should make pasta.

"So, Megan, what is your reason for not wanting a soulmate?" I asked Megan. I was curious about it, I didn't know Megan's story. It would be interesting to hear it from her. She was hesitant to answer me but she gave a sigh and started talking.

"I had a bad experience. When I was sixteen years old it's the time when we can recognize our soulmates so I thought that my crush is my soulmate, but he actually used a special potion to trick me and then tried to sell me in the auction. I ran away and I found a new pack who accepted me as their new member. And I'm still traumatized by this event" Megan sadly explained her story. It shocked me, tricking someone for their gain, this is disgusting. But I can't say that all males do that, because they are some who respect and treat women. When I tried replying, Candice and Elisa arrived at this cave.

"So how is the weather? Is it still raining? How much time is left until the game makers will release the males? Megan asked quickly, her tone was laced with worry. Elisa and Candice were dusting off their suits but Megan was nervously standing there.

"The rain is weak for now, but there are only fifteen minutes left until they release the males," Candice explained while Elisa tried to smell the pasta. By now pasta has cooked and we sat next to the fire and I put my pasta on my plate. And started eating the pasta. It is so delicious even if it's coming from the can. We were all enjoying our delicious meals since it's been four hours since the last time I ate. Plus, it took like a lot of energy when I shifted.

Then we hear a loud cannon noise. It means the males are out and the hunt has started. We decided that no one will go out of the cave today because right now there is a big chance of us getting caught. So we started talking about our lives

.

"Candice, which magic are you practicing?"Elisa asked. She has a serious/curious look on her face. Since we had nothing to do so why not ask about each other.

"I practice Light and Nature magic, Since I'm interested in biology I also practice healing magic." She answered proudly. Elisa was impressed while me and Megan just simply sat there with a blank look but we smiled at her.

"What's about you, Elisa?"Candice smirked at Elisa thinking she had nothing better than her's. But Candice was wrong "I practice on making potions, charms, tricks and learning about Magic from the core"

I heard the magic that comes from the core is powerful. If someone mastered the core magic, then the user can practice any magic they want without spending a lot of years on one type of magic. So that is impressive in my opinion. Candice frowned because not all fairies or witches can practice this magic. Only the chosen ones.

"So Alice, what is your reason for wanting to be mateless?" Megan asked out of the blue and it shocked me. Elisa and Candice were curious too and they wanted to hear my story, as they sat closer to me.

"Well, it's nothing tragic, but in my community, higher education for she-wolves is frowned upon in werewolf communities. Only the luckiest and the smartest she-wolfs can get it. In the werewolf community, we are supposed to be housewives and take care of the pups. But since I don't want to be stuck in this lifestyle, I would want to enroll in college and get a degree. And I'm kinda planning to achieve my dream of being successful and having a soulmate would be hard to balance ."I explained my story, girls were interested in the werewolf lifestyle so they were surprised.

"Wait! Are they just forcing you to be a housewife or what?"Elisa asked curiously Candice looked at me with sympathy, while Megan looked at me curiously. "Well, my father didn't force me, he knew that having a higher education would make me more useful than being just a housewife."

"Let's change the topic!"Candice said with a cheery voice.

Then we began talking about another topic. We talked about our embarrassing, funny stories. We were laughing like mad people at how Elisa turned her teacher's head into a crocodile head and started scaring the headmasters. It was almost dusk. It means the night is coming. Elisa is trying to make the fire warmer while Me, Megan, and Candice were playing rock, paper, scissors on who should stay awake and guard the cave. And apparently, I got lost so I had to guard the cave for a few hours.

Girls took their sleeping backs and started making their beds. It's taken a while for them to sleep. I just sat on the rock and listened to the sound of the water. I did it for a long time until I got sleepier and sleepier then I heard the dreaded deadly song.

[1]O vos fortuna sequator?

Aut agnus pugnare eam?

Nunc suus ' non refert,

Nunc te tua fata docebo sequatur​​​​​​

Polliceor hoc vobis et non paenitebit,

Amica mea!

It was sung by the male Siren. He has a beautiful hypnotic voice, I guess he found us by the scent that is left in the water. In my situation, I couldn't do anything, because he put me in the sleeping spell. After a few lyric lines I was getting sleepier and sleepier, then my body slowly fell to the ground. By then I'm just hoping I'm not the one he is looking for. My hopes were ruined when he picked my sleeping form in the bridal style. When he touched me I felt sparks in my body.

"Sleep tight, my little soulmate." A handsome husky voice said. It gave me shivers when he said that. But when he said that, I fell into a deep sleep.

Well, Fuck

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[1] Are you gonna follow your destiny?
        Or you gonna fight it?
  It's doesn't matter right now,
But right now you need to follow your destiny
     And I promise you won't regret it ,
                    My love!

So any thoughts about Siren being Alice's  soulmate?

Or any thoughts about their future ?

What  made you choose something else instead of Siren?

Random Thoughts in here!

If you have any questions comment here!