Chapter 11

*Recap*

We were kissing passionately, my mind was very blank at that time so I couldn't think about my actions. I only knew that I indeed liked this kiss. Mortimer moved his arms on my waist holding me, then I moved my arms to wrap his neck. It's not what happened in the present that is embarrassing, because it will be embarrassing in the future. We continued kissing until we heard someone's steps.

"Okay, my shift is done I'-m. Oh my!" Elisabeth said in shock. But when I heard her voice I suddenly realized what I'm doing, I'm giving up on my freedom. Suddenly I had the energy to push Mortimer out and run away in my room while blushing. Mortimer was still in the daze and Elisabeth started repeatedly apologizing to Mortimer.

Oh man, what am I going to do?

*End of the Recap*

Today is the day where I have to move into Mortimer's bedroom. In my head I sighed at this thought, I wish I could fight it, but I was tired that day. A few days ago I kissed back Mortimer for sure, I wish I could have avoided it. The faster we develop the bond, the faster I will give up on my dreams. I need some kinda strategy, I don't want to end up here.

My first strategy is to earn his trust, but this plan isn't foolproof. Few things can go wrong, first I can be open with him, but with his observation skills he will catch on with my plan. Second I will successfully fool him, but Mortimer can take this as I accepted him. And if he thinks that I accepted him, he will mark me. But Siren's mark appears if their mate accepted them without using any spells. So if he tries to mark me, but the mark doesn't appear, the plan will be ruined. There is the worst scenario that can happen if I manage to fool Mortimer without even realizing I have fallen in love with him, and he tried to mark me, I would be doomed.

The second strategy is just to avoid him as much as I can. But when he knows that I'm purposely avoiding him, he instantly gets a wrong assumption and he confronts it. Then when he confronts me I will always get out of the conflict even if I have to cover the truth, but since I didn't know that he can easily spot a lie or half-truth. Then he becomes intimidating and his siren side comes out because I try to hide something from him. Then he corners me. It's either I should reveal the truth or remain stubborn but end up kissing him.

But currently, I'm using a second strategy. And it appears that this strategy isn't working, I'm out of ideas right now. Right now I'm lying on the bed waiting for someone to text me. I guess they are all busy. I checked the time on my phone and it looks like it's already eight in the morning. I decided to dress up casually since I only have my casual clothes packed. I kinda need to get some more clothes.

I went downstairs to get something to eat, but I forgot that Elizabeth's shift had already started. So I went to the kitchen and Elizabeth was already there cooking breakfast.

"Good Morning, Miss Alice! Breakfast will be in a few minutes!" She said in her cheery voice. During the first week I always kinda managed to cook for myself so I wouldn't feel guilty that someone is cooking for me. Or so I can avoid eating with Mortimer.

"Just call me Alice, and you don't need to cook for me," I said nicely.

"Well, I can't simply do that, plus it's my job to cook and make sure that this house is taken care of, "She said while continuing cooking. I guess I have to sit there and wait. It's the first time Elizabeth cooks for me. I usually managed to avoid Elizabeth cooking any meals for me. Because she is not only cooking for me, but she does cook for Mortimer too. So it's Elizabeth who usually cooks meals by the schedule which Mortimer follows. Speaking of the devil I feel Mortimer's presence.

"Good morning," Mortimer says sleepily. Elizabeth answered back she started putting our breakfast on the plates. Mortimer sits one sit away from me, but it doesn't take long until he notices me. Then Elizabeth gave us our plates, she left us alone smiling to herself.