Chapter 1

Alice's P.O.V :

I was walking from school in the beautiful evening, the sun slowly going down and the sky is getting darker. I was really tired since I had to present a lot of projects to graduate early. But I'm glad that I don't have to attend school anymore. That gave me relief when I knew that I didn't have to go to school anymore.

Normally, people would think about which college they should apply to. But usually, Werewolves don't go to school they usually have online classes, but for the female werewolves, some may fantasize that they get a rich mate and they don't have to work the other getting pressured by their parents telling their daughter that female werewolf normally doesn't do that or scaring their daughter to think if she went to college she will be shunned by the pack members and the lucky ones who has freedom from the parents, only brave ones and smart ones she-wolves usually has higher education from the pack.

I was thinking of going into a Creative writing course, but this program isn't very useful for the pack. Maybe I should choose Law or Finance. I should head home faster, I can't wait to eat some food and go to sleep.

"Hey, Alice! How's school today ?" My brother Jake greeted me and I just smiled at him and he noticed that I'm tired. He is the only sibling I have since he is male and older than he is gonna be a Beta of the Royal pack. We both have Light brown hair and blue eyes. Our facial features are different. We're twins but we do not act like it.

" It was fine, where is Dad ?" I asked him to make my way to the kitchen and make some sandwiches with Nutella since I'm too tired to cook something warm for myself. I live with my Father and brother. Of course, I had a Mom but she disappeared and I tried asking my dad why and how she disappeared but he said that he doesn't know it either and walked away.

" He is still working with the King" my brother answered and went back to watching some human TV Shows. Since we are members of the Royal pack and my Dad is the Royal Beta it means that we have a lot of people who wanted to have me as their mate or be mated to my brother. But I never had an interest in any pack members. Maybe I will have the interest when I meet my destined mate only, I don't know.

I finished eating my sandwich and went to my room. My room is a bit messy since I had to work on a lot of projects and study for exams. I guess I have to clean it tomorrow. I changed my pajamas, lied on my bed and almost closed my eyes until I heard my phone ringing. I groaned from annoyance and went where my bag was lying and took my phone from it.

"Yes?" I said, I was annoyed when I answered the call. And I wanted that person to know that he or she called at the wrong time.

"Oh my God, Alice! I'm so excited! I just can't contain myself!" I hear the excited voice of my best friend named Kelly. I got confused because I was tired and I couldn't think properly until I realized and gasped.

" You found your soulmate?"

"Hahaha! I wish! Have you forgotten?" She answered and when she asked the question I got more confused. I tried to think if we have some planned hangover or if we should go to some party. But my friend got annoyed with my silence and finally answered.

"Next week our pack is holding a Mating Ball event when we can meet our mates!" she started squealing with excitement. When she said that I was shocked I didn't know why I forgot about this. Maybe I was so overworked with studying that I never noticed that this event is coming up. I was never looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm against having soulmates, it's just I don't want to have a mate right now. Maybe sometime later.

For those who are wondering what a Mating Ball event is? Mating Ball is the ball where all remaining unmated werewolves arrive at the Royal castle to find their only soulmate. And usually, The Crystal of Eros shows pictures and names of the person or people that will participate in Supernatural Mating Games and the picture stays for seven days. The Mating game is where all different creatures can meet their soulmate who is the other different creature.

" Alice, are you alive? " Kelly asked me, her voice filled with worry. Kelly is my best friend and we have known each other since childhood. She comforted me when my Mom went missing. She is the best friend whom I don't want to lose. I understand her and she understands me. It's like we're meant to be best friends.

"Oh! Sorry, I guess I was shocked how much time has passed. I guess I worked so hard that I never noticed how fast time went ." I told her I felt so bad because she was looking forward to this day.

" Don't worry about it, Ali! I know you're probably tired right but we will talk about it tomorrow, Bye! " she ended the call. I guess I should go to sleep now.

I lay back on the bed and I started to think who is my soulmate. Will I meet him at the event or do I have to wait for a few more weeks. With those thoughts, I peacefully fell asleep.