Chapter 13

Alice's P.O.V

When Mortimer opened the door three girls squealed and hugged Mortimer. They looked similar to Mortimer but not really, instead they had purple eyes and dark brown hair. And they were triplets, even if they are triplets, they do have different clothing tastes. Soon they saw me and our gazes met, I saw excitement and proud expression in their eyes. Then they decided to greet me and walked to me.

" Oh my god! Are you Mortimer's soulmate? I can't believe that he finally found her!" A girl who is more excited than her sisters spoke to me in an excited tone. Those girls were almost my age, maybe a year or two younger than me. The girl who greeted me had a girly style. She wore a pale pink dress and silver-colored shoes.

"Darya! Don't overwhelm her, we haven't been introduced to her yet!" A mature voice spoke up. The girls who spoke up right now have a more preppy clothing style. She wore a grey colored dress that is above the knees just like mine and she had her hair curled.

"Oh Right, As you know my name is Darya and this is my sister Anath and Lana" Darya said, gesturing to the sister to the right and left. Anath is on the left, she is the girl who is more mature than Darya. And the girl on the right is Lana. She hasn't spoken a word to me, she is probably quiet. She wore a modest mint dress and white jacket to make her look more formal.

"I'm glad to meet you, my name is Alice !" I politely replied to them. They smiled at me in satisfaction and appreciation. Soon Elizabeth led them to the dining room. Then I saw a man walking towards me. He was a little bit older than Mortimer but yet he has a little bit different features than Mortimer. He has dark brown hair and dark blue eyes.

"Well, I'm glad that my little brother found such a beautiful soulmate. My name is Aquarius. It's a pleasure to meet you !" He said gentlemanly yet he sounded arrogant. He reached into my hand and kissed it. Usually, brothers respect each other and don't kiss each other's soulmate's hands, but it means he either doesn't respect Mortimer or is self-centered and arrogant. I looked at Mortimer and I see he is talking to his parents, so it means he didn't see it.

"I'm sure you are not even glad to be here so you can stop lying, Your Highness." I dully said. Aquarius was surprised at first but he smirked and he followed his sisters to the dining room. Mortimer does have an unusual family, as do other creatures. Then the woman coming towards me has only a part of Mortimer's features. I can bet it's Mortimer's mother and I see behind her a man who has most of Mortimer's features but he is older by a few decades.

"So you're my son's soulmate? I'm glad that I finally met you!" Mortimer's mother smiled. I feel there is something strange that happened in Mortimer's family that I should feel concerned about, but it's just a mating bond instinct. Right now, I'm not that close to Mortimer to ask him about it, or at least I think so.

"I'm glad I met a wonderful woman who raised my soulmate. My name is Alice!" I politely replied. But then Mortimer's mother's smile turned bitter. Then I found out that Mortimer's mother's name is Arthurine and Mortimer's father's name is Maynard. Then Elizabeth came and insisted on escorting them so they went to the dining room and I followed them until I felt someone wrapped around my waist.

"You shouldn't sneak behind me, Mortimer," I said as Mortimer grinned at me. And then he kissed the side of my forehead.

"There is nothing wrong with giving a surprise affection to my beautiful soulmate." He playfully said. And then I just shook my head at disagreement while my cheeks had a pink tint. Then we went to the dining room. I sat next to Mortimer since it was the only seat available. We ate turkey with no mashed potatoes since Elizabeth told us that his siblings and his parents can only eat meat. His parents talk about how meat on land is more delicious than under the sea. Soon after that Elizabeth went to show a room where Mortimer's parents were staying as I insisted on helping Mortimer's siblings in their room. I escorted the triplets to their guest room, now I'm escorting Aquarius.

"You know, you can do better than choosing a Mortimer," Aquarius said. Then I turned my head in confusion, but Aquarius took that as an advantage and instantly caged me. So I'm dealing with Mortimer's backstabbing brother, it becomes interesting out of a sudden.

"Instead you can choose me, you will get a luxurious life, you will be protected, and also you will get the title of a Queen!" Aquarius smirked at me. Oh boy, I know I heard this sentence from before. Before answering I smirked.

"You and Prince Alexander should create a club," I said slyly, then Aquarius got confused.

"Why?"

"Because it can be called 'The Princes that was rejected by Alice Silvermoon' " and with that, I walked away leaving Aquarius in a daze. When I walked away I heard a faint and long 'Dayum'.I turned to see that Anath, Darya, and Lana were spying on me.

"Oh man, we are so proud to have a sister-in-law!" Darya happily said as her other sisters nodded.

"You're a keeper," Lana said quietly as the other girls agreed with her. I was surprised because it's the first time Lana said anything to me and the second reason she said that I'm a keeper.

"Yeah, Alice, you're the perfect soulmate for Mortimer. Please continue standing by his side!"Anath said to me and then the girls decided to go to their guest room.

I guess his sisters approved of me. Too bad that I'm planning on rejecting him. If Mortimer was involved in my dreams and goals, I wouldn't reject him. But my bond with Mortimer is dragging away from my goal, so I guess I need to reject him anyway. I went back to the room where I stayed in my first week, since it's still daylight outside, Mortimer's family decided to rest from their long journey. Then I heard my phone ringing but this time it was my dad calling. So I picked up my phone.

"Hey, Dad, What's up?" I said. I was glad that dad found time to call me. He probably gave off his position to my brother.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?"My dad said.

"I'm fine, Dad. Even though the climate here is different, I can still adjust to it." I don't know what else to say. A lot of things happened and only managed to say something about the climate.

"Well, I'm very glad, so the reason I'm calling is to warn you about Mortimer."

" What do you mean, Dad? " I asked. Is he supposed to be our enemy rather than an ally or is there something else.

"There is a reason why he is banished from the kingdom." Dad answered.

"You know if Mortimer wants to tell, he will tell me why he is banished from the kingdom, I have to go now! " I ended the call. I thought that Mortimer lived in the kingdom before he met me. But now it makes sense, How he can easily use a laptop or do other things easily that sirens weren't able to do on their first day on land. But like I said, if he wants to talk about it, he will tell me. I can't ask him a question if he doesn't know much about me as I know about him now. So I guess I should do a silent investigation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By voting you help other people to discover this amazing story <3