Chapter 30

On the next day Mortimer tested Caitlyn by listening to her story and asking a few questions at the end Mortimer decided to send my brother back to the pack to test how council, my father, and Alexander's parents would react. But they weren't suspicious, so that means Caitlyn was telling the truth.

Mortimer offered Caitlyn to stay in an orphanage so at the same time she can stay and work there so she can earn money that will help her with her needs until she finds a soulmate. Caitlyn understood that because we still didn't finish mating, and to finish it we need privacy. But she can still visit me during the daytime.

I don't know how I will finish the mating process since to finish it we need to have sex. Unfortunately, I'm a virgin, it's not like I don't want to give my virginity to Mortimer. It's just awkward since I'm inexperienced and male sirens have higher stamina during sex than werewolves. And I guess I'm not ready for that, yet.

"Something on your mind?" Mortimer asked in a comforting voice. I slowly looked at him, he was lying on the bed while reading the book as I wrapped my arms around his torso. Right now it's a quiet night and Mortimer couldn't sleep so he decided to read the book.

"Yeah, but before you ask I'm not comfortable sharing with you. I will share it when I'm ready." I smiled at him and then snuggled into his chest. He sighed then he turned off the light and he hugged my body and I happily fell asleep.

"Wake up , mea paulum sol!" Mortimer whispered in a husky voice. I didn't make any sound of annoyance or anything, I just hugged him tighter and nuzzled closer to him in hopes that he would let me sleep. But he already caught on to my plan and kissed my forehead.

"Come on, don't you wanna know what I have planned for us?" Mortimer asked. Did he plan another date? I have nothing against it, but when Mortimer plans something there is a fifty chance that it could end up in some kind of disaster.

"No, I would like to stay here with you," I said sleepily as Mortimer chuckled.

"Don't you want to get warmer clothes? " He asked. Since the winter is coming I would probably need warm clothes but the island I'm staying on isn't getting that cold like it would in my pack. I would want to go shopping for more clothes but right now I want to sleep.

"If I ever get cold I will use your clothes then " I purred. I guess I will do anything for a good nap.

"Hmm, That is very tempting. I think we can wait for a few days ." Mortimer said as I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't.

"Mortimer?"

"Yes, my darling? "

"Can you tell me about your first days on this island?" I asked, I still wanted to lie on the bed and I was too lazy to get out of it, but I wanted to hear some of Mortimer's story.

Mortimer's P.O.V:

"Do you want to hear my embarrassing moments on land ?" I asked her in amusement, but she shook her head.

"It doesn't have to be an embarrassing story, I just want to hear your first impressions on land." She said while looking at me with curious sky blue eyes. So I started telling her my story.

*Flashback*

Sirens have been taught how to walk in their human form, so there was no difficulty in walking.

On the beach, there was always a cabin where sirens could get their temporary clothing until they got their own or went back to the ocean. I grabbed clothes that are my size. Sirens have also been taught about human clothes, so there was no problem putting my clothes on.

When I finished putting on my clothes, I went outside. There was nothing familiar on land, but the sight of it somehow calmed me.

"So what's now?" I asked myself while looking at the island.

"You probably need to find a shelter to settle down, but it's already done for you." a vampire said while standing behind me.

"Who are you ?" I asked him.

" My name is Luciano de Emir. I'll be your assistant until you learn all the ropes of living on land and managing the island." He said. I didn't say anything, I just followed him. I felt so tired, I never felt like someone had drained my life.

"Cheer up, there is still life ahead of you!" Luciano tried to cheer me up.

"Yeah, like what?" I cynically replied to him. I wasn't usually that rude or cynical, it's just the recent events drained the joy out of my life.

"You still haven't met your soulmate, yet. " I stopped waiting for my soulmate when I was sixteen years old. I was still in a relationship with Anastasia and I still loved her until I found out that she was betraying me all that time. Now that I've committed sins that are hard for my mate to forgive. I don't think she would ever want me.

"I don't think that I will ever meet her, but if I meet her she will reject me. " I said.

"There is a saying: Eros doesn't let anyone die until they meet their soulmate, There is always a chance that you will meet your soulmate. You know the story about your uncle, right?" Luciano asked and I nodded. I only have one uncle, but I've never met or I will ever meet my uncle because he died. But I know that he did a lot of horrible things than me, and yet I still got banned from the kingdom like him.

"When he first came here he was grumpy like you and he didn't believe that he would ever meet his soulmate. And you know what? He still met his soulmate but unfortunately, she was dying from the witches' curse caused by the witches' jealousy, it was incurable. But your uncle's soulmate managed to accept him with his sins and they lived happily for the two months." Luciano explained. I've never known that my uncle meets his soulmate and I don't think my parents know this either.

"You will still meet your soulmate, Mortimer. But not right now because your soulmate might be thirteen or fourteen years old! " Luciano said.

I'm thankful to Luciano that he made me believe in soulmates again. After that, I tried to learn everything about land life and humans. And also with the help of Luciano, I created a more comfortable living quality for the residents of the island.

After a couple of years, I started having dreams about a soulmate. I had various dreams of her like how I will find her, how she will walk down the aisle, how she would play with our children. It's given me hope in life and if she accepts me I swore that I will make her happy.