Chapter 14

Jack pov

I feel constant vibrations coming from my back pocket. Today was thanksgiving so I could only guess who was texting and why.

Mom, Allison, Malcolm, Dad, ect. I was about to open them when Mark wrapped his warm arms around my waist, already feeling the kicks hitting his arm.

"Happy thanksgiving."He whispered in my ear. I look up and kiss his lips.

"Happy thanksgiving."I say back. We continue the kissing until Tom walked in the room.

"Ohh get a room you two."He said sitting in a near by seat. Their mother followed behind.

"You stop that, did we complain when you had all those girlfriends over. You could see his face trying to figure out a come back but he didn't have one.

"Ha ha."Mark teased. Tom rolled his eyes and turned towards his mother. I pull out my phone and see all text from family saying the same thing. I texted them all back and placed my phone on the island.

It was about 2:38 pm so Ms. Fishbach had started to get out all needed supplies for the turkey and other food. Meanwhile the rest of us were just doing side conversations. I offered to help but she said she got it.

"Mark can you take out the trash please?"Ms. Fishbach asked.

"You just told Jack you didn't need help."Mark groaned.

"With food Mark."She said chopping something up, I couldn't really tell.

"I got it Mark."I say standing up placing my hand under my stomach while doing so.

"No, no, she asked me."Mark said getting up and going to the trash can. He then left though the sliding glass door.

"He really cares about you."Tom said.  I give him an odd look.

"How do you say?"I asked.

"He usally puts up a fight with taking out the trash, but when you offer he does it without the hassle."He said.

"How does that mean anything?"I asked rubbing my stomach to calm Hunter down.

"Well, it's kinda hard to explain but you can just tell."He said.

"Just trust me, when you lived with the man for 18 years you see certain things others don't."He said. He sounds like every old and wise movie character that was right the whole time but no one knew tell the begging of the down fall or battle scene.

"All done mom."Mark said walking in.

"Can you let the dogs in please?"She asked. Mark smiled and opened the door wide enough so the little fluff balls could run in.

"Hi Charlie."I say as a little dog jumps up on my leg. I pat it's little head and listen in on the conversation.

"What you guys talking about?"Mark asked. I really don't know what exactly we were talking about so I don't answer.

"Ohh, just how you two are so perfect for each other."Tom jokes.

"I know right."Mark said once again kissing my lips. I love the taste of his chapstick. 

"Whatever."Tom mumbled and was now turning on the tv. I smile slighty and just kinda sink into Mark's warm embrace.

"You can sit on the couch."Mark said rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah, but this is better."I say leaning in to his torso.

"Uh Jack I can't stand like this all day."Mark said pushing me up slightly.

"Yeah, so."I mudder looking at his eyes.

"I'm gonna fall and hurt something."Mark said.

"Fine."I fake grumble and sit up completely.

"Thank you."Mark said.

"Mm hmm."I say back now scrolling through my phone once again. I already see everybody's food post and family post. Even Mark posted something.

It was a picture I took of the three of them last night. Caption was I'm thankful for these two right here. I smile and decided I should take a picture with him maybe. I go on selfie mode on my camera.

"Hey Mark."I say. He looked down at my phone. He went cross eyed as I took the picture.

"Your eyes are gonna get stuck like that."I say existing of the camera.

"Yeah, okay mom."Mark said to me. I smile and post the picture. I'm thankful for my family.

"I'm thankful for you too Jack."Mark said rubbing my back.

"I know."I say happily and slouch a little so he'd rub the aching part of my back.

"Loves you."Mark said.

"Loves you too."I respond and contiue to scroll through my feed.

After dinner

It was about 9 something, all I know was Mark was hammered like it wasn't even funny.

"Mark I think it's time for bed."I say.

"But I don't wanna."Mark slurred stumbled as he stands.

"We have an early flight."I say.

"Okay."He grumbles almost tripping over his own feet. I catch him and pull him to the room.

"Goodnight."I say to Tom and Ms. Fishbach. They nodd and we finish the walk to the room. Emediently Mark pulled of his shirt and landed on the bed.

"Lay with me."Mark said face still in the pillows. I lay right by him and he rolls over.

"I'm sorry."Mark said. I give an confused look.

"For what?"I asked. He laughed slightly

"I'm drunk."He laughed more.

"It's fine, if I wasn't pregnant I would be way more drunk than you are."I say. He kept on laughing. Ohh he's a funny drunk.

"Because your irish, and you guys are the drunk people."He giggled. I just stare at him as he had a laughing fit.

"What's so funny?"I asked.

"I don't know."Mark said. His laughing stopped and he just, I don't know, he was just quiet.

"Jack?"Mark asked.

"Yes."I respond.

"I love you."He said.

"That's the fifteenth time you've told me that this hour."I say.

"Yeah I know, but it's always better to hear it than not at all."He yawned. Before I could respond to his statement he passed out.

"Love you too."I say.