Chapter 70: Open Channel Threat Exchange

Start from the beginning

*****

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP...

The alarm's been going on for some time now and it was waking each and every soul inside the Apus Epirus. The usual empty hallways of the Castle Base became crowded by the rushing personnel.

Men and women, players and NPCs, ran around these cold brick walls and while others carried papers and a few files, more than half of these running personnel carried weapons and even thick shields.

Their armors clanged as they gave way to a woman, one of the said [weaker] and unimportant member of the core of their Blue Card Legion.

She eventually reached the end of the hall where the darkness of the night could be seen.

Or... was it night time already? Wasn't it just lunch time a little earlier?

"It's already here?" Kira was utterly surprised.

When she finally ran outside, she looked up and saw the pitch black starless curtain of the sky that even the clouds shied away at Akhenaton's coming.

"A single man is capable of this?" She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Although she was privy on many information that no normal person inside and even outside the game should know, she was still quite startled when she was seeing Akhenaton's 'Eternal Night Curse' in full effect. "Such vile presence! No wonder this curse is able to afflict mental pressure on everyone in the stadium..."

"Wear a goggles or some mask! Activate your night vision! Deploy flare light bogeys to the immediate 10km of the castle! No one is allowed to stay still until we win the fight against him! Do it now, do it fast!"

Not too far from her, on the wall, was Kladis giving orders here and there.

Seeming to have noticed the gaze from behind him, Kladis turned his head but didn't say a word.

Although it hasn't been that long since he had discovered her hidden charms that enticed him very much, there was still the former way on how he treated her 'plain and weak Kira' so in front of The Legion, he didn't dare to reveal her identity.

What more, men has 80% tendencies to monopolize what they really like and this was one reason why he doesn't want others to pay special attention to Kira and only want Kira to pay attention to him.

The two only exchanged glances and did not exchange any word or action.

Kira gazed at him going back to his tasks and she then put her gaze up front, summoned a panel window, then checked the status of the incoming Akhenaton.

"...!! So soon?!"

Her eyes widened and her brows twitched in surprise.

The speed at which the Akhenaton was arriving towards them was really astonishing.

"It hasn't even a full ten minutes yet since the last report. At this rate, he'll reach us before we could even start firing the longhorns!"

Kladis, who stood on the wall, said to the adjutant behind him, "How long until we can fire the longhorn?"

The adjutant looked at her panel: "Three minutes!"

Kladis clicked his tongue. "Make the Rewloola hold this position. Adjust the location of the Castle Base to the south by 8km. What's the situation with Hilda?"

Another adjutant saluted, "Reporting to Supreme Commander. The Major has yet to follow up a report since the last relay had been sent."

"Location?"