35. yugyeom - soulmate

I've been reading too many soulmate au and let me tell you WHAT susan... Those mess me up so bad :((( idk why i get so emo over Asian boys but here we are

so i decided i would upload a soulmate au for each boy on wattpad and ALSO Tumblr (my tumblr is kpopthatbooty)

Also thank you for almost 100k reads??? My luke hemmings fanfic took almost three years to get to that amount and these imagines get there so fast :') i love you guys

There's me giving you some finger hearts cuz I love you all okay enjoy the story !!!

---

The universe was out to get you.

Technically, it was out to get everyone in their own own special way.

You learned at the age of fifteen, watching the officials come to your house for your brother's eighteenth birthday, that life had a special way of screwing everyone over.

You remember watching your brother drink a special liquid, with small black letters scrawling onto his left arm. You remember your brother anxiously looking down at his arm, reading over the letters and giving your family a huge grin. You remember your mom crying, excited to see your brother finally having the words of his soulmate's written onto his skin for the rest of his life.

You remember feeling happy for your brother, but extremely sad as well. You knew this marked the beginning of you and your best friend parting ways to start life on your own.

"Y/n, what do you think?" Your brother had smiled towards you, holding his arm so you can see the words.

Watch where you're going, dipwad.

You smiled back, and with a slight laugh, you responded, "She seems sassy. That's perfect for you!"

Nearly two years later, your brother met his soulmate while you were out of town to visit your grandma. Your brother asked you to come to the store with him, and as he ran through the aisle to show you a new type of cookie, he rammed right into a girl, making her drop her basket.

"Watch where you're going, dipwad." She had glared toward your brother.

"I can't believe I just did that, my bad!" Your brother said as he leaned down to pick up her groceries.

You remember them both looking up from the ground, giving each other confused looks before revealing their arms to one another. You remember everyone in that aisle clapping as they both stood up and introduced themselves as soulmates.

But you also remember when it was your turn to drink the liquid. You traded spots with your brother, now sitting on the chair in front of your whole family. The official handed you the liquid.

You remember staring into the liquid. You remember the nerves tangling in your stomach as you stared into your future. You remember looking up at your brother - your only friend - and having him smile. You looked over to his soulmate, whom you had become rather close with as well.