Chapter 16

New York

Dakota, Central Park West

Eleonor Baker's apartment

The car eventually stopped once it entered the porte cochère of the impressive Dakota building on Central Park West, one of the most prestigious residential addresses of the city

The car eventually stopped once it entered the porte cochère of the impressive Dakota building on Central Park West, one of the most prestigious residential addresses of the city. Eleonor came out as soon as the chauffeur opened her door. Terry had already opened his and had put the crutches out on the pavement, attempting to get out of the bloody car. His mood was at best described irritated like hell. The fracture was confirmed. His left leg was crammed inside a plaster cast up to the midpoint of his calf. It felt damn heavy and uncomfortable as fuck and that didn't include the pain he felt not only from his leg but from his bruises on his sides too.

Robert of course was beyond himself. Terrence's accident spelled the end of the season for him, with still ten days to go. He would have to speak to his understudy to take over Hamlet's role. The press had to be called. However, those were the least of his issues. Upon doctor's advice, he should not get involved at all with the London performances. That announcement was as close to catastrophe as it could get for the director of the theatre company. The ankle would have healed by the beginning of July, but having to get up on stage for hours every day for a month, it would put significant strain on his foot when he should be just taking it easy. A replacement had to be found. The understudy wouldn't cut it however. The collaboration with the London theatre was done on the premises that Terrence Grandchester was going to be Hamlet. Any other theatre actor below the A list ones would not suffice.

Eleonor, having been called by her son in the morning, was with him when they got the news. Which was fortunate for Terry. Otherwise Robert might had done something to him, he would regret afterwards. He had kept staring at him as if he wanted to commit murder. Eleonor however, had a plan she could discuss with Robert later in the day. Perhaps it could save the day and her son's skin for that matter since the director did not want to hear even a peep coming from Terry's mouth. That close to erupting he was with the whole nightmarish situation. The main thing for now had been to get her son to her apartment to rest.

Disgruntled as ever gave an annoyed look to his mother who came in front of the open door, having stretched her arms towards him, offering to help him out. "I can do it on my own, thanks!", he said, his voice sounding stiff. He put his good leg out while lifting with his arm the other.