3 Years Later

((Heartland Marketplace ruins))
Heartland has been practically destroyed. I never thought Academia did this much destruction so fast when I watched the anime. Practically all the main shelters were targeted first, preventing the citizens from getting saved and protected. In just two years, the Resistance Fighters were reduced to nothing but several small groups of skilled duelists and those who wanted to make Academia pay.  I could understand how they felt. After all, my first ever friend in this Dimension was carded before my very eyes. I pull out her card, her expression being of complete terror.
"John?"
I turn around and see my close friend in this war, Yuto. We became good friends after I backed him up against a couple of Chaos Ancient Gear Giants. I put Tori's card back in my pocket, and look at Yuto.
"What's up, Yuto?"
"Just wanted to let you know we have figured out the Dimension crossing system from a few Academia disks. I thought you would want to help test them?"
I simply nod and get up. I grab some clothes that weren't affected by the conflict and get ready. Yuto looks at me, confused. I notice this and start to explain.
"I plan to go to Standard, try to find skilled duelists to aid us."
"But, what if-" Yuto said before being interrupted by someone knocking on the door of my quarters.
"Come in." I say. The door opens, revealing Shun. I'm guessing he overheard, because he had a look of fury on his face.
"We don't need any more help. We can take down those Fusion terrorists on our own!" Shun yelled. Sure, Shun and I fight alot, but​ I knew he had good reason. He blamed me for Ruri getting captured. I was supposed to look after her, but I lost track of her due to an ambush, plus I have not carded any of the Fusion invaders.
"How will you be able to without any backup? Look, if you realize how much our numbers have been reduced to, you would understand we need assistance."
Shun looks at me, his gaze hardening a lot. "And what will you do? Recruit Fusion users?" I sighed, trying to not lose my temper.
"From what I've gathered from those I spare, there has been conflict within their ranks. You see, I spare them so they see what they are doing is wrong. So yes, if they are against this Professor's philosophy, I will recruit Fusion users." After a little silence, Shun charges at me, fist raised. I easily dodge, then grab his arm. He tries to slam his other fist into my gut, only to get flipped over my shoulder.
"It's not the method that's evil, bird brain! It's those who use it! If you want to attack me again, do it with your cards!" I turn and leave my quarters, heading to the makeshift command center the Resistance used. As I walked, I noticed several members avoid me. Even though I have high respect, they new if I'm upset to stay out of my way.
Once I made it to the command center, 3 people are sitting at some salvaged computers, analyzing data we get from captured Academia disks.  One man with long white hair notices me and walks over to me.
"I heard you and Shun had another disagreement?" he asked. I simply nod.
"I don't know, Quinton. I've tried my best to show him the rights and wrongs about his methods."
"He has a great hatred for the Fusion Dimension. Even Kaito hasn't been seen after they carded his family." He puts his hand on my shoulder, trying to help me calm down. It did help a little. I wished I could tell them the truth about my origin as well. Quinton is the only person who knew, since he began analyzing Summon spikes. Somehow, my xyz summoning goes beyond the normal level of other residents of the Xyz Dimension. I knew I'd draw attention in standard due to this info, but I knew I had to beat Shun and Yuto there.
"Is it all ready?" I ask, clearly wanting not to waist any time. Quinton simply nods, but says nothing else. He pushes a couple buttons on his computer, transferring the experimental app into my duel disk. Once completed, he unplugged my disk and hands it to me.
"I am certain that the coordinates will send you to Standard. Are you sure you don't need backup?" Quinton looks at me, a stern look on his face. I simply nod, a look of determination on my face.
"I trust you will be able to handle our branch, Quinton?" Quinton's widen, but then he smiles at my question.
"I'll do my best, Utopic Peace Keeper."
I smile at my nickname. It was given to me because I kept peace in the ranks, and I showed mercy to my opponent's. Many thought my way was showing weakness, but I never lost a duel with Academia or Resistance members who dared to challenge me.
I press the button on my duel disk, and a bright light engulfs me.