Chapter I

Park Chanmi

"Either you marry him or your oppa will marry the cousin of the guy we chose for you" Dad said with a serious tone as he sipped wine from his glass.

Well, this family is a typical businessmen family. My grandparents were businessmen, my parents are businessmen, my brother and sister are businessmen and I am majoring in business.

And there has been this system of arranged marriage since ancient days in our family tree and is still continuing.

Well, instead of me or oppa, yoora unnie was supposed to be in this arranged marriage but she already married heechul oppa against our parents will and now they have a three years old son yijun.

Our parents were furious when they came to know about the marriage. They even abandoned unnie. But when they saw yijun's  adorable face, their cold heart somehow melted.

But honestly this arrange marriage thing is absurd , I mean hello we are in twenty first century for crying out loud.

My grandparents were arranged, so were my parents. And now they want either I or oppa to be arranged. Unnie is the lucky one.

If oppa agrees then he'll have to let go of jinhee unnie who he has been dating since highschool. And if they breakup oppa will breakdown and I can't see my oppa breaking down.

The only option I've got is to marry the guy that appa is saying and I'll do it, not for my parent's sake but for my oppa.

"I'll agree appa, but I have few conditions" I said and appa nodded.

"And they are?" He asked

"Firstly let oppa marry jinhee unnie and accept her as a part of family. Secondly, give me and that guy you are talking about some time to know each other and lastly I want to get married after graduating college" I answered him.

"Okay, I'll agree. You can be engaged for a year and then get married" he said and I just faked a smile and we had dinner peacefully.

Its not that my dad doesn't love me or cares for me,  its just that he is kind of strict about following family rituals.

I was on bed, lights off with eyes open staring at the wall when oppa bragged into my room.

He turned on the light and I sat straight on the bed. When I glanced at oppa, I saw him teared eyed. "Oppa, what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked him.

Instead of answering me my questions, he pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.

"Thank you" he said as he pat my head gently. "Thank you so much chanmi-ah" he said and I hugged him tighter.

"Oppa what if the guy I'll be marrying will be a jerk? What if he hurt me?" I asked him the question that was in my heart since appa announced about this engagement thing and my eyes got teary too.

"I'll beat shit out of him if he hurts you." oppa pulled out of the hug and said in serious tone, which made me laugh.

"Arraseo beat the shit out of him. Now let me sleep" I said yawning.

"Okay goodnight " he said and left my room and I drifted to sleep.

Next morning I woke up when I heard my phone ring. I groaned and answered the phone with closed eyes.

"Hello?"

"Chanyeol told me everything about yesterday, so now tell me why did you agree to this arranged marriage thing?"Yoora unnie said from the other side.

"I don't want oppa and jinhee unnie to break up,  Plus i don't have a boyfriend to break up. So I agreed."I answered with a sigh.

"So, who is he?Is he in your school??does he have a girlfriend?"Yoora unnie bombarded me with questions.

"Slow down unnie. And I have no idea about that guy honestly"I told her.

"Omma..."I heard yijun's cries in the background.

"Chanmi-ah, yijun woke up so i need to see him, i call you later"unnie said and hung up.

I glanced on the wall clock and saw it was 6:30 already. I better hurry up else I'll miss my classes.

I reached university before time, thanks to oppa's driving.

I was walking towards my class when I saw a girl and Kim jongin in the hallways. She was begging him not to go but he left her without turning back. Poor girl got her broken.I pity her.

Well Kim jongin better known as kai is famous heartbreaker of our university. He is majoring in business too. I do have some classes with him but I don't bother with his business.

I just passed that girl a tissue and walked to my class.

He was sitting there with his friends Oh sehun and Lee taemin who are Heartbreakers too but they are a bit considerate than jongin though. They don't leave the girl they date cruelly or at least that is what I saw.

I sat on my seat and waited for teacher to arrive but that didn't happened. Instead there was a announcement that college will be closed for a week because of some kind of seminar.

I took my stuff and headed towards the gate. I called oppa so he could pick me up from college but he didn't answer his phone.

I just sighed and walked towards the bus stand. Finally after 30 minutes I reached home. I opened the door with spare key and entered inside.

No one was home so I decided to text yoora unnie.

Park Chanmi
Unnie I am so bored 😩😩

Kim yoora
Why??😱😱
And aren't you in classes rn??

Park Chanmi
No classes until next 2 weeks because of some seminar and I bored because I am alone here because mom and dad are abroad and oppa is probably in office.😭😭😭

Kim yoora
Oh!! So wanna visit yijun?He misses you.

Park chanmi
I'd love to visit him and I miss him too. 😍😍😘😘

I'll be there in an hour plus cook me something, I am very much hungry rn.

Kim yoora
I have a better idea!!

Park chanmi
What?😮😮

Kim yoora
Why don't you and chanyeol come and stay with us until mom and dad return?

Park chanmi
Okay!! But idk about oppa. Text him okay?

Kim yoora
Okay i'll text him and don't bring luggage. I have tons of your clothes here.

Park Chanmi
Ai Ai captain.
See ya!!
PS: cook me something delicious. ILY💓😘😘

I took my bag and phone and headed towards unnie's home.

Ps: I know this kinda boring chapter but I promise It'll get interesting :). Thanks for reading and have a nice day