Misunderstanding

A misunderstanding causes Tadashi & the nerd gang to panic over something Hiro is involved with, only it turns out to be something harmless (tumblr request) 

---

The young genius awoke with a stretch. His eyes were still droopy from the unexpected nap he took. Trying to rub the tired away, he looked at his surroundings. He certainly didn't remember crashing in the nerd lab on Fred's chair. How long had he been out for? When did he fall asleep? Why didn't anyone wake him up? Perhaps it was only a short nap...

...but it wasn't. Hiro looked at his phone, 5:33 staring back at him. Had he really been out for over an hour? And where were the others?

As he glanced over, he noticed that his brother and friends were over in Honey Lemon's area. She seemed to be showing off...a beaker? Whatever liquid was inside, it appeared to be important enough to have the other's attention. They hadn't even noticed Hiro was awake yet. A sudden yawn struck the young prodigy, stretching again in an attempt to wake up more. He had to admit, he was curious to know what the orange liquid was about.

Yet, before he could make a move off the chair, something within his memory caught up to him, causing his heart to pound rapidly. His mind and body more awake now than ever. Oh man! He thought to himself. He threw a quick hand through his hair. I missed the five o'clock bus ride, and the next bus for that area won't be until seven-thirty. I could take a trolley...no! It won't get me there in time either. Maybe if I run for it, I can make it before the sun goes down...

And that was his plan. Ignore his friends all together, run out of the building, and--

"Hiro! You're awake!" A familiar voice squealed.

Hiro mentally cursed at himself for being noticed. He looked over, seeing the joyful look on Honey Lemon's face as she signalled for him to join in. Normally, he would have been excited to see what his friends wanted to show, but he had something else on his mind.

He stood up, attempting to make a run for the door, though Honey Lemon kept talking to him.

"You have to see this! It's part of my next experi--"

"I'd love to, but I can't!" Hiro yelled, cutting her off. He continued to make a run for the door, but was stopped short by the sound of his brother's voice. Unfortunately, he couldn't just ignore Tadashi, but he was also in a hurry.

The young teenager stopped long enough for Tadashi to approach him. A questionable look was in the elder Hamada's eyes. "Slow down there for a sec," he stated, placing a hand on Hiro's shoulder. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"Nothing!" Hiro lied, shrugging his brother's hand away. "I-I mean I uh I can't explain right now! I just...I gotta go!" Before anyone else could question him, he bolted out the door, running as fast as he could.

Tadashi considered going after him, but he didn't. Something told him Hiro isn't in the mood to be followed despite his concerns. Hiro was just sleeping so soundly minutes ago and just like that, he was leaving the institute. What could he have going on that was so important, he couldn't explain? Was he running late for something? Maybe Aunt Cass asked if he could run a shift after his last class. No, that can't be right. She usually messages both of us.

"Hey," Gogo yelled, snapping a finger in Tadashi's face. "Any reason why your brother left like that?"

He wished he could have given his friends a decent answer, but he couldn't. "I-I'm not sure," he shrugged, earning a groan from Gogo.

He glanced over at his other friends, all of them showing rather worried looks. He couldn't blame them for being concerned too. His friends had all grown to care about Hiro since they met him. There was no doubt that Hiro had become really close with them all. It brought happiness to Tadashi to see how much his friends cared for his well-being. Hiro finally had good friends in his life. Friends that he could tell things to and they'd be genuinely interested in. Friends that wanted to help him and would be there for him.