Hide N Seek

A younger Hamada brother fanfic of the two playing the classic game known as hide-n-seek. Things seem to go well until Hiro can't find Tadashi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"FOUND YA!" Tadashi yelled pointing at Hiro.

The boys were playing their fourth round of hide-n-seek when Tadashi spotted Hiro hiding behind the TV on the second floor of the building. He had been hiding there for the last ten minutes, but he was finally found. Tadashi startled him, but needless to say he was happy to be found; the space was getting a little crowded. Even for an almost four year old boy.

"Aw man!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Hey, don't feel bad, that was your best hiding spot yet!" Tadashi always made the effort to encourage Hiro while playing games so he'd enjoy himself more even if he lost. There is no winner in hide-n-seek when playing with one other person, but Tadashi hated seeing people when they felt down.

"Okay, now I wanna find you!" Hiro said whilst jumping up and down.

Tadashi couldn't help, but to giggle at his brothers' hyper attitude. "Okay, but this the last round of the night. We gotta go to bed soon unless Aunt Cass needs us to do something, alright?"

Hiro nodded excitedly. He didn't care if it was the last round or not; he wanted to play and wanted to find Tadashi quickly. To Hiro, whoever couldn't be found longer was the winner of the game. Tadashi has a slight disadvantage with Hiro being a lot smaller than him, but that never stopped either of them from having a good time.

The brothers had their own rules to the game. Wherever one brother hid during the last round they had to count the next round so it wouldn't be so obvious. That happened a couple times before with both of them being guilty of it, so they decided to set that as a rule. Also, there was no hiding in the cafe. That was actually Aunt Cass's rule, but the brothers didn't mind that rule anyway.

Hiro went back to his hiding spot facing the wall and starting counting until he got to ten.

"READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!" He shouted.

Hiro looked at his surroundings. He knew he didn't hear footsteps go up or down stairs so he figured Tadashi had to be hiding on the same floor. As Hiro started running around the room, he laughed thinking he already knew where Tadashi was. He ran into the kitchen believing he was hiding under the counter on the other side.

When he peeked around the corner, Tadashi wasn't there.

Oookay, he's not here. Where is he? Hiro thought. He shrugged it off and went looking elsewhere. The kitchen was far too easy of a spot for Tadashi to hide anyway.

Hiro rushed over to the dining room table.

He looked under the table and under each chair. Tadashi wasn't there.

Hiro stood tall and blew his messy hair out of his face. Tadashi must have a good hiding spot this time...

Hiro was always known to have a low amount of patience. When he couldn't find Tadashi right away, he became instantly frustrated, but it didn't stop him from being determined enough to find him.

The younger Hamada continued searching all around the second floor. Tadashi wasn't hiding behind a chair. He wasn't hiding behind the giant vase near the staircase. He wasn't hiding behind the pillows on the window sill between staircases or any other window sill for that matter. He wasn't hiding next to the drawer.

Where could he be? Hiro asked himself. Could he be in our room?

And so Hiro ran upstairs to the room he shared with his brother. There was so many places that he could have been. Hiro figured that Tadashi would be more comfortable hiding on his own side of the room, so he wandered over there first. Another rule for this game was that either side of their room was available for each other to use or look for. If they made a mess, however, they would have to pick back up after themselves before hunting some more.