Hiccups

A dive into how both Hiro and Tadashi deal with hiccups. Oh lord, this is gonna be a train wreck. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brothers and Aunt Cass were in the middle of eating dinner - the boys favorite; hot wings and rice. While Aunt Cass and Tadashi were enjoying the meal and talking about their days in between bites, Hiro was quick to finish his plate, taking bites before finishing what was in his mouth. Tadashi saw this out of the corner of his eye, along with Aunt Cass who found it disgusting.

"Hiro, what's the rush?" Aunt Cass asked as Hiro went for another bite. "I'm glad you like my cooking, but could you at least enjoy it?"

Hiro swallowed what was left in his mouth. "Sorry, Aunt Cass, I just really want to go back upstairs and work on my latest project."

"And what is this genius project now?"

"Don't bother asking, he said it was a secret. He won't even tell me," Tadashi explained. Tadashi didn't mind that Hiro was working on a project without his help, but he was curious to at least know what it was.

"That's correct," Hiro proudly stated finishing the last bites of his dinner. Despite wanting to rush back into working, Hiro was good enough to take his plate to the sink and complement Aunt Cass's cooking before marching back upstairs.

Tadashi finished dinner a few minutes after Hiro did, following the same routine as his brother. Once he got back into his and his brother's room, he glanced at Hiro working hard on his secret project. It made him happy to know his brother was working on something that he felt passionate enough to not want to stop, so he simply ignored Hiro and went to his side of the room so he could work in peace.

Hiro was on his computer working out the technical stuff. He was typing down codes and making notes as he went along, feeling a rush of inspiration run through his veins. He felt like he had never worked on something so hard in his life.

"Hic."

Hiro's eyes went wide and he stared blankly at his computer screen. He felt stiff as a board. "Oh no," Hiro thought to himself. "Please not now."

"Hic."

"Oh man," Hiro thought. "Why now?"

In the past, Hiro had always been known to get hiccups from eating to fast or laughing to hard for too long, but it never got the better of him. It was easy for him to laugh it off and hold his breath, then everything would be fine. This time, he was actually in the middle of something important and the sound, not to mention the slight pain it caused on his throat and abdomen, was ruining his concentration.

There was no hiding this from Tadashi either. After the first one, Tadashi peered over at Hiro thinking maybe he gasped or something, but after the second one, Tadashi knew what it was. And he was going to take every opportunity to make a joke out of it.

"You know this is because you ate too fast, right?" Tadashi asked Hiro humorously.

Hiro himself knew Tadashi would have to say something eventually. "Not n-hic-ow, Tadashi," Hiro said mid-hiccup. He forgot how embarrassing it was to talk to someone when he had hiccups. It's probably been over a year since the last time he had them.

Tadashi stood up from his bed and started to walk over to Hiro. "Relax, I'm only teasing," he said as he sat on Hiro's bed. "I forgot how funny they sound."

"Go away, Tadashi, I'm tr-hic-trying to work!"

Hiro slammed his head on his desk. Between his hiccups and his brother teasing him about them, there was no way he was going to get any work done at the moment. Tadashi laughed watching Hiro get frustrated. He normally would feel bad for him, but this was too funny to not laugh about.