Tadashi's Birthday

it's Tadashi's birthday and everyone is going all out on it (mentions of alcohol) (tumblr request)

---------------

The Lucky Cat Cafe was dark, but filled with quiet giggles and the smell of fresh baked goods. An alarming sound that was the bell over the main door silenced them all. The lights above the cafe popped on which was everyone's agreed cue.

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled.

Though he saw it coming, Tadashi still jumped a little once his family and closest friends rose from their hiding places. He wasn't even sure what he was chuckling over more; them being so predictable or the fact they went through so much to decorate the cafe. It was the most festive it had ever looked; even more so than it did during the holidays. Banners covered the walls, most reading, "Happy Birthday". One, however, was homemade and on a giant piece of tissue paper which said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TADASHI!" with balloons and confetti painted on it. Speaking of balloons, there had to have been at least a hundred all over the room. Some hanging by string and others guiding themselves on the floor. Most reading his new age. Tablecloths covered every table with confetti spread across in different patterns. Streamers were twisted and taped across every window. He looked down, noticing a red carpet under his feet which could only go so far.

He looked over seeing Honey Lemon taking pictures with her phone, so he decided to point both fingers and stick his tongue out for a goofy pose. Everyone laughed at his silly mood.

Hiro rushed over to him, practically jumping to put a party hat on his head.

"There ya go! Now you look like you're ready to party," Hiro commented looking at the hat which was lopsided on his head.

"Thanks, knucklehead. Maybe next year, you'll only have to stand on your tippy-toes to do that."

"Hey!"

Tadashi ruffled the boy's hair in response while looking over at everyone else. "Wow...thanks everyone. You really didn't have to go through all the trouble."

Aunt Cass walked over, giving her nephew one her famous bone-crushing hugs. "Tadashi, it's your birthday! It was no trouble at all to make today special for you. C'mon, I made your favorite meal!"

Everyone had a lively conversation at the table waiting to be served dinner.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You purposely texted me all afternoon telling me to meet you at random places just to get me out of the house so you could do all of this?"

"It was the only way we could all decorate the cafe together and keep you as far away from home," Gogo said.

"Wow...that is very sneaky. Remind me to never trust you guys on my birthday ever again."

"Alllllright! Chicken wings with hot sauce and rice for my birthday boy," Aunt Cass announced serving him first.

"Thank you, Aunt Cass."

Luckily, everyone else in the group had a mutual liking for the meal, but all of them were willing to eat whatever was served today. The group continued their funny stories, which at one point caused Fred to almost choke on the hot sauce, but Gogo slapped him on his back a few times too many to help.

After letting their stomachs settle for awhile, Aunt Cass broke out the cake that she made in the morning. Vanilla cake with white frosting - of course his favorite. Directly in the middle of the cake were two candles. One shapes like a two and the other as a one.

Honey had yet again pulled out her phone and began to record a video as everyone started singing 'Happy Birthday' to Tadashi. He knew she was doing so, so he tried to keep a bigger grin on his face when in reality he was feeling awkward with everyone looking at him while singing. At the end of the song, Tadashi blew out the candles.