Unexpected Distraction

A short fanfic for none-tadashi-left-hiro's bh6 challenge on tumblr. Theme: Showing an Unusual Emotion

---

Hiro's eyes subconsciously followed the moving figure walk across the cafe. He occasionally sat in the cafe after school to work before his shift. Out of habit, his eyes would wander off his homework as a new person walked inside. However, as a certain person who he had never seen before walked in, he couldn't bring himself back to his paper.

All he saw was her.

Long, silky black hair. Chesnut brown eyes that were protected by an elegant pair of glasses. A modest, navy blue dress with dark grey leggings and ruffled black boots that hugged her ankles. An advanced calculus stacked on top of a physics book were being carried between her arm and waist.

As she ordered her to go, Hiro couldn't help, but notice how gentle she spoke. There was no edge nor too much perk. It was peaceful to him.

He was so distracted by her, he didn't notice the huge smirk that had formed on his face. His eyebrows were relaxed, eyelids lowered, and hand rested along his jawline.

In that very moment, nothing else mattered. Anything else that was around him had vanished. The stress of the five page essay he was assigned. The robotics project he still had to fix back at his lab. The dents he had to repair in his supersuit. Knowing he had a night shift to help Aunt Cass run tonight on the most crowed night in the cafe. Debating on whether or not to get Tadashi the book he's been eyeing for his birthday. All of those worries flew away once she walked in the door.

As she left the cafe, Hiro's eyes slowly followed, never wanting to lose sight of such a breathtaking person. And once she did leave his sight did his cheshire cat grin fade. An audible sigh escape his lips, though he did not regret such a sound until he heard an obnoxious chuckle behind him. Before he could turn around to face the source, Tadashi took a seat across from his now aware brother.

"Wow, I have never seen that look on your face before."

Hiro rolled his eyes. "What look?"

Tadashi chuckled again. "The love struck look. It only took fifteen years, but it was worth waiting to see it happen."

"Mmph," the younger Hamada groaned. "I need to continue working."

"Okay fine," Tadashi said, getting up from his chair. "But when you two get married, don't say I didn't call it." He leaned into Hiro's ear. "That is if you even ask her out."

"Go away, Tadashi."

---

Because a love struck, older!Hiro was for some reason the only thing I could think of. Oh and of course alive!Tadashi for teasing purposes. >:D