True Colors

a thirteen year old Tadashi makes a new friend who appears to be like the greatest friend of all time. They do everything together from , watch movies and all that fun stuff friends do. But then Tadashi's new friend starts to show his/her true colours when they make fun of Hiro  

(tumblr request from @XDarkXEnergy :D)

---

Tadashi had always been the more social one between him and Hiro. People seemed to gravitate more towards the elder Hamada. He was well spoken and kind. It was no surprise to Hiro that other people enjoyed his brother's company.

So, it wasn't shocking to Hiro that Tadashi had friends either. Throughout all their years of school thus far, Tadashi had made his fair share of friends. Some of which he parted ways with due to lack of common interest or attending different middle schools, but that didn't stop him from meeting new people.

Hiro was almost envious of his sibling's ability to make friends with ease. He was lucky to maintain a single conversation with someone without getting teased. A friendship seemed like a surreal concept to the young boy. Any attempt he could make to befriend someone was extremely difficult. If Hiro ever dared to start a conversation, it would usually end with him being laughed at, told to scram or just be simply ignored. Sadly, he was used to this behavior from his older peers. He wish he could have questioned how good Tadashi was at obtaining friends, but in his eyes, there was an even bigger question. Who wouldn't want to be friends with Tadashi?

Okay, maybe some people chose not to be around him. Mainly it was only because of his relation to Hiro, but Tadashi never took that personally. If someone didn't want to hang out with him over a matter as ridiculous as that, Tadashi figured it was best not to waste his time with them anyway.

Although Tadashi had good friendships throughout his years of school, he had never considered any of them to be a best friend. With the exception of Hiro of course. His algebra neighbor, Nolan however, seemed to change that.

The two were paired up to do an in-class assignment and instantly became friends. They had gone from classmates that only sat next to each other to friends that nearly got in trouble on a daily basis for talking during class. After learning about their shared interests in movies, shows and video games, they began hanging out after school. Once a week had quickly turned into every other day. On school nights, they studied together while spending their time on weekends to play games or watch a movie.

It wasn't long before Tadashi had truly considered Nolan to be his best friend. They had hung out a lot together in a matter of months. Nolan seemed to get Tadashi in a way that no other friend previous or current had before. He never seemed bothered by the fact that Tadashi lived in his aunt's cafe or had a genius for a brother. He saw Tadashi for who he was as a person and never took that for granted. They enjoyed spending time together. Finally, Tadashi had a friend that he felt like he could share personal stories with or work on robotics projects with.

Of course, Nolan was far from being some replacement to Hiro. Tadashi would never abandon his younger sibling by any means. It was just a nice change of pace to have a friend he felt so close to. Besides, Hiro didn't mind Nolan being around at all. He thought he was cool...even if he hadn't talked to him before.

With it being a Friday night, there was no surprise that they would be hanging out. Tadashi had made plans for Nolan to spend the night and watch a movie. Nolan was bringing the movie and Tadashi took care of all the snacks. Well, Hiro and Cass helped him get popcorn, soda and candy set up, but Tadashi didn't mind.

When everyone heard a sudden knock at the door, Cass ushered down the stairs to let Nolan inside. Meanwhile, Tadashi was waiting in the living room, excitement surging through his body. Hiro had never seen his brother so ecstatic over something.