Crunching the Numbers (Yukio)

I did not proofread this chapter yet, so if you see a mistake, feel free to correct me.

I felt sorry for my smaller twin, he's been through so much, yet he hides it all. Watching the tears roll down his cheeks, I wished that he'd show this side of him more often. Albeit, these tears were happy, but overall, he was showing more emotion than usual. I wish he would talk to me, confess what was on his mind. Instead, I usually get a fake smile and 'I'm okay.' To think that this charade has been going on for years... I'm an absolute idiot for not noticing sooner. The small things that he does; pick at his nails, tilt his head so his bangs cover his eyes, letting other talk before him, he's always been like that, but that doesn't mean I should've overlooked it completely.

Rin was still clutching Sam's shirt, our family friend had no idea what torment my brother lived with either, but he had the excuse of not being as close with the teen. My blue eyed twin rubbed his face, wiping the tears away. He pulled away and smiled up at Sam, who chuckled and ruffled his raven hair. "I'm glad you're happy for me, Rin-kun, it means a lot."

He cleared his throat, "yeah," a small smile still played on his lips. How long would the smile be there? What amount on my part or anyone else's would it take to lose that happiness? Would we even be able to tell? He's been acting for nine years, and he's way too good at covering up his problems.

I blinked through my oblivion, my students moving toward a few of the pews. "So," Sam stated in an offhandish manner, "how was today?" I quickly darted my eyes to meet a few eyes of my peers. They seemed just as perturbed as I was about the subject. My eyes wandered over to the reason, who opened his mouth and spoke before any one else could.

"It was alright, eventful to say the least." I scrutinized him, was he acting again? I wasn't looking at him for awhile, did he shift his demeanor already? I sighed to myself, wishing that I knew my own brother a little bit better.

"Oh?" Sam looked confused for a moment, "the trial? You all seem to be in a good mood, so is it safe to assume...?"

Rin chuckled, "he's guilty and he's going to prison. We don't know how long, though. The judge stated something about that being figured out on another date." Sam nodded and looked at Rin, a small glint of confusion in his eyes.

"Are you okay, Rin?"

Thank God, someone finally asked it. I know I should've been the one, but I've been asking that question far too much lately. I feel as though it's wearing Rin down. Said brother huffed, "yeah, I'm fine, a bit shaken, but fine." I stared at him, unsure about this answer. The others seemed apprehensive as well, and Shiemi spoke her concerns.

"We're serious, Rin, are you actually okay?" Her green eyes shined with worry, and it hurt me that she was so troubled by this.

"I'm serious guys, I'm fine," he laughed, "thanks for your concern though." He smiled and most of my students relaxed, however, I couldn't do such a thing. He had everything down to a tee, but between his shift of expressions, I saw a flicker. Goddamn, he was too good at this, his smile reached his eyes, his voice was confident, but just how bad is the storm behind this act?

"No you're not," I said without thinking, and everyone turned their eyes to me. "You're lying, again," my companions seemed shocked that I'd think such a thing, but they didn't know, they didn't look hard enough. I stared down my shorter twin, "you're not okay, are you?" He opened his mouth, but I quickly cut him off, "and if you dare say 'I'm fine,' I'll need you to give me an in depth report on just how fine you are." Yikes, that probably sounded a bit harsh, and I felt a bit like a teacher when I spoke it. However, that seemed to break through his facade.