Reliving

I gave him a puzzled look and he sighed, letting go of me. "What the hell was that just now? You were so formal with Father Naito, it was almost uncomfortable. There's no need to scare the other's like that, just be casual with him like always. Sheesh." I blinked a few times as he walked away, unpacking his bag. He was uncomfortable because of Father Naito and me? Heh, good thing he never knew about what happened behind closed doors all those years.

The thoughts of those times sent a shiver through me and I pushed down my emotions. I was proud of myself, to be completely honest, I'm currently residing in the same building as he was, and I'm not having a meltdown. Now I just needed to do this for five full days, hopefully four if the exorcism goes well.

I heard a knock on the door and Yukio answered it, Bon appearing on the other side, "uh, Rin? Could you come to your room, quick?" A wrinkle formed between my brow and I told Kuro to stay in the room as I exited and followed Bon next door.

"I didn't want to move anything of yours, because, you know, it's yours. But in the process of unpacking, I accidentally knocked some things off your desk." He sounded worried as he opened the door to my old bedroom and I saw Koneko and Shima trying to pick glass off the floor.

"Hey, you don't have to do that." I kneeled down and started to help them, picking up the shattered frame, the photo inside was one of Dad, Yukio, and I from about five years ago. We had gone to the circus right after he came back from his annual trip. I knew now that those were meetings for the Paladin to attend, not that it really matters now.

"I'm so sorry, Rin. I didn't mean-"

I cut him off, a sad smile on my face, "It's okay, Bon. The picture is fine, it's just some broken glass, I can always get another frame for it." I gazed at the picture and my smile faltered, I wished that Dad was here, he could help me through this.

"I'll get you another frame, alright? I broke it." Bon insisted, but I waved him off, standing and setting the broken frame and picture on my desk. I turned to walk out of the room, but Suguro stopped me, an apologetic look on his face. "Um, could you maybe help us? I'd hate to break something else of yours." I shrugged and helped move some of my furniture around, having all three of them in this room was kind of a stretch, I felt bad for them.

"Alright, is this good?" I asked once we had shifted my old dresser and desk to the far corner of the room. All three of them nodded and I went to go open the door, seeing Yukio with his hand raised, ready to knock. I raised an eyebrow, "what is it?"

He shrugged, "I was just about to gather everyone up. We are going over to that warehouse to do the first exorcism. Alright?" I nodded and the guys behind me followed me out into the hallway. I quickly went next door to my new room and grabbed the Kurikara, throwing it over my shoulder and saying goodbye to Kuro before returning back to the hallway. Yukio performed the same routine for Izumo and Shiemi, and soon, we were all gathered in a group. Yukio motioned us to follow him and as we passed some of the workers, I waved. I really did miss some of the familiar faces.

When we got out to the van, I called shotgun again. Some of the boys grumbled about that and I had to smirk. Yukio snapped me out of my immaturity and turned to look at the others in back, "alright, so here is the plan."

.oOo.

"Rin! Behind you!" I heard Shiemi's voice and immediately turned on my heels, swinging my sword and slashing through the black mist that nearly engulfed me. We had been at this for hours, and I was starting to feel the effects of exhaustion. All I wanted was to go home, eat, and then sleep. More mist appeared from the walls and I did my best to hit the demon in the center of it. These fuckers used some type of air camouflage, and it was a pain in the ass to hit them.