Sickness

Kuro refused to leave my side the rest of the night, but thankfully, he remained silent. Around midnight, Yukio suggested that the others start heading to bed, and I couldn't agree more. I would be dead on my feet tomorrow if I didn't get some rest soon. Once in bed,
Kuro started asking more questions.

"Why can't you just tell Yukio?" Of course, I didn't expect the black feline to understand, but I couldn't help myself from becoming frustrated.

"Do you have any idea how much that would tear him apart?" For extra measure, I pointed my gaze at my twin's sleeping form. "If I tell him, he would have to kiss these restful nights goodbye. Then, both of us would suffer."

He still didn't seem to understand my reasoning, "at least you won't be alone anymore."

I shook my head, "his happiness is worth more than mine." Kuro immediately started shaking his head at that, an angry glint in his eye. I stopped him before he could barge in, "if being lonely means he lives a peaceful life, I'm more than prepared to take this secret to my grave."

He growled softly, "I know about it, so it's not a secret anymore."

"Yeah, no offense, but who would you tell? I'm the only one who can hear you, remember?" That angered him, but he didn't lash out at me. Instead, he gave me a long glare before curling up at my side. Obviously, he was going to give me the silent treatment. However, that made for perfect sleeping conditions, so I turned on my side and fell into a fitful sleep.

.oOo.

The pain in my abdomen had worsened tenfold by the time I woke up the next morning. Which was slightly earlier than usual, considering that Yukio was still asleep across the room. I quietly - and slowly - got out of bed, Kuro waking up in the process. He still wasn't talking to me and I had a feeling that this would become the new normal for awhile.

Sighing, I crouched down to grab a pair of clothes from my bag. I hadn't showered after yesterday's exorcism, so I had slept in my own, sweaty filth, which disgusted me. My tiny familiar padded behind me as I walked over to the bathroom, the door was unlocked, so I was free to shower.

I set my clothes on the counter with a little too much force and turned to the feline. "So, you're not going to talk to me, but you'll follow me around?" I was greeted with stubborn silence and I sighed. "Are you going to watch me undress?" I didn't bother waiting for an answer, I knew I wouldn't get one. Instead, I started stripping down, my skin prickling as I sensed his eyes roaming over my bruises. "Creep," I whispered under my breath and I heard a small grunt from where he stood.

I quickly showered, taking a few breaks to catch my breath. Every time I would lean against the wall, or crouch inward on myself, I would hear small, agonized cries on the other side of the shower door. Paying no attention to my familiar, I dried off and got dressed, thankful that there was no longer any blood in my boxers.

"Jeez, you hogged the bathroom for twenty-five minutes, some other people need to shower, too, you know." Izumo basically snarled as I walked into the church. She pushed passed me, calling dibs on the bathroom before someone else could take it from her.

My classmates chuckled, some of them stating that they'd shower later. "After Kamiki-chan is done, we'll head out." Yukio hummed and then glanced at me, "did you eat yet?" I shook my head and decided that I should get something in my gut. If we were going to be out like we were yesterday, my breakfast would have to hold me over until sunset.

Rummaging through the cabinet and fridge, I realized that we were running short on food. The only thing I could really eat was some prepackaged sushi from the market. Seeing as how I didn't have any time to cook myself something, these would have to suffice. Kuro followed me to the table and watched as I ate, which was typical of him.