Chapter 16

Three days later

Friday

Harry's POV

In the last couple of days I've noticed weird things about Eliana. She's been quieter and there are dark circles around he eyes. When I try to touch her she flinches away, not very noticeably but noticeable enough. I can't help but to think I've done something wrong.

Yesterday her mom came home, she was there by the time I dropped Eliana off. I'm waiting, as usual, for her by the schools front doors.

I seem her approaching so I throw her my warmest smile. She returns it with a not so bright one. My face falls when I realize she still seems upset.

"Ready?"

"Ready." she confirms and slipped carefully under my arm as I held the door open.

We got to my car where I opened the door for her. She's been so hunt around me lately it's starting to seem like she's scared of me. I wanted to test it out so I slammed the door shut and pushed her up against the side of my car.

She screamed and backed herself as close to the car as she could with her eyes squeezed shut.

"What's the problem?" I asked, my hands were still pinned to her waist. She peeked one eye open, then the other. Realization took over her features, I guess she knew she was overreacting.

"Is there a problem?" Some guy, looks like a substitute teacher, getting into the car in front of us asked. I glared at him.

"None of your fucking business." I spat.

"Ms?" he asked her.

"We're fine." she said softly. he looked skeptical but he got in his car and drove away.

"El." I pushed her for answers.

"What." she asked not meeting my eyes.

"You seem so upset," I said, "every time I touch you, you flinch. Every time I try and kiss you, you turn away. You barely talk to me. So tell me, please, what's your deal?"

She thought for a moment and then met my eyes. "I'm sorry." she said and pecked my lips. It was still great feeling her lips on mine. Even if it is only for a split second like that. We haven't kissed that much, but when we do it warms my entirety.

"I'm not done with you." I smirked.

"Honestly Harry, I've been having these screwed up dreams lately ad they're making me jumpy. You haven't done anything wrong."

"What kind of nightmares?"

"The bad kind."

"Okay," I gave in, "hop in." I reached past her and opened the door.

I hopped into my seat and pulled out of the parking lot.

"So," I began, "are you going to tell me about your dreams?"

She said nothing, just stared down at her lap and played with her fingers.

Eliana's POV

I don't want to share my dreams with Harry but he seems so conserned. It's rather cute.

At the same time I don't want to bring up Jane and their whole relationship. I feel it would just start trouble. My dreams aren't only about them. For some reason Harry always ends up hurting me. I always die I these dreams. Maybe it's a sign that he will end up hurting me. Not physically but maybe he'll end up breaking my heart.

"Well?" he asked.

"Okay, it's sort if long." I started.

"Don't worry I'm already taking the long way." he smiled.