Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Finnick Pov.

Tomorrow it's the reaping. Annie and I have this day together and about an hour tomorrow. That's not how much time we were supposed to get together. This is unfair and messed up. But I want to spend the day together not having to worry about the horrible thing that's going to happen tomorrow.

I wake up Annie.

"Good morning." she says softly.

"Hey Ann." I smile. "Sorry to wake you. I just wanted to see you."

"Don't worry about it. I don't mind being woken up at six a.m." She says sarcastically.

I laugh.

"So what do you want to do for our last day?" She asks.

"Hmmm, I don't know. What do you want to do?" I ask.

"Want to invite some of our friends?" she asks. "The have been jealous."

"Jealous about what?" I ask.

"Because. I'm taking all your time." she says with a little guilt in her eyes.

"You haven't been taking it. I've been giving it to you." I smile.

She smiles a little. "Let's throw a party."

"Ok that sounds fun." I agree.

"Invite everyone in the district, let the kids and the parents come." she suggests.

"That sounds good." I smile. "let's do it."

I go down to the store and buy food and drinks while Annie goes door to door inviting everyone in the district. When we both get back from our errands, Annie tells me that a lot of people want to come. We set everything up so that it's ready for the party. Everyone comes and there's at least a hundred people. The kids play different games, the adults talk and play cards, everyone is having a great time. Annie and I hang out with the kids from school. My mom talk to the other moms, my dad plays cards with the other dads. I'm glad Annie came up with this idea because I wanted to have a good time before I had to leave again tomorrow. The whole party is perfect. When it's over, Annie and I talk by the fire and say goodbye to each other. I walk her up to her room and she goes into her bed. I go in my bed and have a hard time falling asleep, I don't want to leave her again.