Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Finnick Pov.

I give Annie a sad smile. I can't tell her right now what president snow said. I can't make her so sad when she's so happy. She knows I have to go back for the games every year and do the victory tour soon, but she doesn't know that I get *extra time* with the Capital. How will she react to this? I can't deal with it right now. It's like the president is messing with me. I am going to get attached to my family again, and then he's going to rip them away from me. Take me to the Capital let the people do whatever they want to me.

Annie and I carry the boxes together. She drops one of them and I pick it up.

"So is it just me or have you gotten stronger in the arena?" She asks with a slight smile.

"Oh you've noticed?." I joke.

"Don't falter yourself." she laughs.

We laugh and walk into my house. It's huge. It has tons of rooms for different purposes, it has a huge kitchen, a living room with a nice TV, and basically everything a perfect home would have.

"When my parents see this, they might want to move in after all." I say.

"Yea I know, this place is amazing!" Annie says excitedly. "I call the biggest bedroom!" She jokes.

"Oh that's fair, I won the games and win this house, but you get the big room?" I fake pout.

"I'm just kidding." she laughs.

"I don't care though, take which ever one you want." I tell her.

She walks upstairs and points to the room she wants. It's the smallest in the house. I know she won't take the biggest one so I give her the second biggest one.

"What if your parents want to use that one?" She asks.

"They can use the other ones that's the same size as this. This one is yours." I tell her, no longer giving her an option because she tries to be nice by just picking the small one. "This is my house legally, but I'm still sharing it with you, so it's our house."

"I guess this is one battle I can't win with you." She says stubbornly.

"I think this is the first time I've gotten my way!" I say happily.

She rolls her eyes and then smiles.

She unpacks her clothes and puts them in the dresser. Then I watch her hang all her pictures on her wall. She holds the newest one in her hands.

"Aren't you gonna hang that?" I ask, she's being staring at it for two minutes straight.

"I looked at this one a lot when you were in the arena." She says sadly.

I walk and sit down next to her. "Can you hang it up already so I can take you shopping?"

She laughs and pins it on the wall as high as she can reach. I leave the boxes in my room. I keep my money in a little box with a lock. I'm going to tell Annie and my parents the code so that when I'm not home they have money if they need it. I enter the code and take out fifty dollars. This will get her at least five new outfits. I also grab an extra twenty to take her out to dinner. We walk to a shop that Annie wants to go to.

"Your sure you want to spend all that money on me?" she asks before we get into the shop.

"No that's why I took us here." I tease her. "Don't worry about money okay? We have enough of it."

She rolls her eyes and goes in the shop. I sit down in one of chairs. She picks out two outfits to try on. She comes out in the first one. She's wearing a baby blue tank top and denim shorts.

"That looks good." I tell her.

"Ok I'll get this. Can we go now?" she asks.

"Try on the other one." I tell her.

"Fine." She says clearly annoyed.

She tries on the sea foam green tank top with white shorts.

"I like that one the best." I tell her.

"Me to. Ok I'll get the two outfits that's all I'm getting though." she tells me.

"Fine. I'm lucky that your letting me but you two outfits." I say sarcastically.

I go to the cashier and pay twenty dollars for both outfits. We walk to one of the restaurants. I ask for a table for two and we are seated right away.

"So, are you going to tell me what's up with you now?" Annie asks suspiciously.

"What are you talking about?" how does she know that something is bothering me?

"Something's wrong. Are you going to tell me or am I going to have to figure it out by myself?" she asks.

"Annie Snow came to visit me when they picked me up from the games." I whisper to her.

"As in President Snow?" she asks. I nod. "What did he want with you?"

"I still don't understand it myself. He said that the people in the Capital 'want me' I don't know what it means though." I tell her.

"I do." she says sadly.

"What does it mean then?" I ask. How can she possibly know?

"The girls. They're crazy about you. Even here in district four. When you were gone, the girls would tell me that they liked you and that I was so lucky to be dating you." She tells me. I wonder if it made her jealous. She doesn't get jealous easy, but I would be jealous if the whole country wanted to date her to.

"I don't want the other girls though. I only want you." I say softly.

She smiles a little, not showing her teeth. "So what is he going to make you do? He has to give the people what they want."

"When I turn sixteen, he's going to send me to the Capital for a whole month, once a year. Basically I have to do whatever they want." I say quietly.

"You have to leave for a whole month... Every year?" she asks sadly.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why he's making me do this." I say. I feel like I want to cry, her eyes staring at me are making my heart melt.

"I guess we just to enjoy being together for as long as we can." she says.

I nod. We don't talk much the rest of dinner. When we walk home I decide to try a different conversation. But she brings it back up.

"What if you find someone better than me?" she asks.

"Annie, there's no one better than you." I try to convince her that I only love her.

"You don't know that Finn. You could meet someone else." she's not convinced.

"Annie, they can make me go to the Capital and do what these people say, but they can't make me fall in love with them. I only love you." I say with a little anger in my voice.

"I just... I'm just..." I cut her off.

"Annie, stop. I only love one girl, and that girl is and always will be you." I tell her.

She hugs me and we walk the rest of the way home with her hand in mine. I don't care if one of the girls in the Capital is a model, they can't take away my feelings for Annie.