Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Annie Pov.

Finnick's coming home today! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see him. It's been so long. I guess these are the shortest games ever. It still feels like forever. I get dressed into my nicest clothes. I walk with Finnick's family and our friends to greet him when he gets off the train station. The train pulls up to the station. He walks out of the train.

"Finnick!" I yell.

"Annie!" He yells back.

I run towards him. I jump into his arms and he spins me. He's gotten stronger. I smile and he puts me down.

"I missed you." I tell him.

"I missed you to." he says.

"I knew I wouldn't lose you." I say.

"You can't get rid of me that easy." he teases me.

I whisper in his ear, "I've never felt so alone."

"Neither have I. I don't ever wanted to be separated from you again." he says.

His parents come over to him. "Hi mom." Finnick says as he hugs her. His dad walks over to him now. "Hi dad." He hugs him.

"We're so proud of you Finnick!" Mrs. Odair says.

"Incredibly proud." Mr. Odair says.

"Let's go home." He says.

We walk home together. Mr. and Mrs. Odair are walking with us to, so I feel like the two of us can't talk about much. We walk over there and his parents tell us to sit on the couch.

"Am I in trouble already?" Finnick asks jokingly.

"We just wanted to talk to you about what you want to do with your new house Finnick." Mr. Odair says getting straight to the point.

"I... uh... don't know. If you want you guys can live in it. But you would have to give this house up. That stupid law says that you can only have one home. And if you guys move in you lose this house, you guys love this house." he says sadly.

"Finnick, we don't have to move out." Mrs. Odair says.

"What do you mean? Like we should all just stay here?" He asks.

"Your mom and I trust you and Annie to live there on your own if you want. We're only a couple minutes away and we'll come over every day." Mr. Odair tells him.

"Annie, do you want to share the house?" Finnick asks me.

"Uh, yea sure. So you're kicking us out Mr. and Mrs. Odair?" I say with a laugh.

Finnick and his parents laugh.

"Want to start packing?" Mr. Odair says.

"Yea." Finnick says. "Let's start packing."

---------------------------------------------

Finnick Pov.

I get off the train. Annie runs towards me and yells, "Finnick!"

I yell "Annie!"

She runs into my arms and I spin her around. I missed her so much. I feel like she's safe now. She's protected. I don't have to worry about her anymore. Then I remember that I will have to worry about her when I'm gone every twice a year. I can't talk about that right now though. I'll tell her tomorrow... or the next day. Right now I just need to enjoy being back home with her and my parents.