"Uh... Who else is eating?"

Aahana gave him a blank look. "Only you."

"Yeah?"

"Of course. It's not much anyway."

"Can I know why so many varieties?"

"Sure." Aahana rolled her eyes. "I didn't feel like sleeping anymore after your little act. So I did this..." She gestured to the food on the table. "And today is my birthday."

Atharva nodded, taking a sip of his coffee."Okay."

"Okay? What do you mean by okay?" She placed her hands on her hips and stared at him through narrowed eyes. "Wish me a happy birthday."

He snorted as if her words humored him. He stood up from the chair and grabbed his phone. "I have more important work than to wish you a happy birthday."

Ouch.

Tears gathered in her eyes but she blinked them away and took a deep breath to calm herself.

She couldn't cry. He wouldn't admit it but she knew he needed her. She had to be strong for him, especially after knowing everything.

"Wait!"

She closed the distance between them, feeling her breath hitch with every step she took. She lifted his chin with her index finger and few strands of chestnut hair stumbled on his forehead. He clenched his eyes shut and she watched his long eyelashes kiss his cheeks. She wanted to memorize every detail.

So beautiful.

She shook her head and moved back, letting her hand fall to her side.

Having enough space to breathe, Atharva opened his eyes and let out a sigh.

"What's wrong with you?" She cried out, feeling furious and hurt at the same time. "Where were you yesterday? Why didn't you come to the office? You know, nobody knew where you were, and being your wife, everyone expected me to know but I had no idea."

"It is none of your b-"

"Hell with it! I am your fucking wife. So shut that bullshit and answer me." She poked his chest hard but he stood his ground and pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation.

"Are you done?" He grabbed her arm and pushed her out of his way, feeling guilty for doing this but he had to end it.

She stumbled backward but balanced herself from falling.

"Why are you doing this? You try to act cold when clearly you are not. You are so... strange sometimes. You don't look at me or come near me. You run away from my touch. You don't let people see the actual you. It's like you are scared. You are scared to get attached." She let out an uncertain breath as tears blurred her vision but she continued.

Now or never...

"But Atharva, I am in love with you. I don't know how or when. I mean we don't really spend time together." She laughed lightly and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. "I love everything about you. Your silence, your glare, your scowl, your stutter, whatever you give me. I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you and...what I feel for you, I have never felt it for any other man. So please trust me and give us a chance?" Her voice grew weak with every word she spoke, and lastly, it was no less than a faint whisper.