9:16 AM
Hurt, my ass. He doesn't give two fucks about me. 😞

9:17 AM
Shut the fuck up and meet me in our usual place. 😑

9:17 AM
Ugh... okay. 😢😒

******

Aahana went to meet Jay in the bakery shop, and like always he was already sitting at the window seat. Aahana tried to smile at him, but she couldn't muster up any courage to do so. She suddenly felt weak and sad. She loved him. How could she leave him?

She started to explain to him about moody Atharva and burst into tears.

Jay consoled her, telling her everything will be okay, but she knew it won't.

She had to inform her parents about it and go back to them. She knew they wouldn't be happy but had she got any other choice, she wouldn't have taken such a big decision.

******

Aahana was beyond surprised to see Urvashi in her drawing-room when she arrived home.

She threw her bag on the table and made her way to Urvashi, unable to understand why she was here suddenly.

Urvashi switched off the TV and stood up from the couch, smiling before pulling Aahana into a gentle embrace. Aahana couldn't help but smile back at her Mother-in-law as she hugged her back.

"Um...I didn't know you were coming," Aahana said softly once they pulled away, her eyes wandering around for Atharva, but she couldn't see him.

"Yeah, it was a surprise. Atharva didn't know either," Urvashi replied cheerily.

"Wow. He must have been really happy."

Urvashi chuckled and nodded. "Oh! Trust me, he was very happy."

"Want to join us for dinner? Let me call Atharva." She was about to head to Atharva's room when Urvashi grabbed her arm, halting her steps.

She turned to look at Urvashi, her face revealing confusion.

"Sure, dear. But don't call Atharva. He is sleeping," Urvashi replied and walked to the dining room with her.

"Oh." Aahana frowned. Today again?! She wasn't able to gauge Atharva.

Urvashi smiled sweetly, taking a seat on the dining chair, whilst Aahana moved around in the kitchen as she pulled out all the ingredients and vegetables for the dinner.

"Is my son a good husband?" Urvashi asked, breaking the deafening silence.

Aahana didn't want to lie but she had seen the red mark on Atharva's cheek, so she didn't know what to say. "Yeah, he is." She finally whispered, keeping her gaze on the onion she was chopping.

"Good! My son is very charming."

Aahana nodded in agreement, and there fell a silence between them. She cooked quickly and in no time, the fresh aroma of food covered the entire dining room and kitchen.

"You are an amazing cook, Aahana." She complimented with a huge smile.

Aahana looked up from her plate and smiled, a hint of pink covering her cheeks. "Uh...thank you, Mom."

"So...Nisha is going to open her fashion line."

"Really? That's brilliant!"

"Yeah, she was saying something like that, but I don't know if she can manage on her own."

"I'm sure she can. You don't have to worry about her," Aahana said, taking a sip of her water.

"Hmm. It's just Atharva. He is slipping from my fingers," Urvashi mumbled absentmindedly under her breath as she twirled the spoon on her plate.

"What?"

"Huh?" She looked up and blinked. "I said I am worried for Atharva. He is ignoring my calls and not coming home anymore. I miss my baby."

"He didn't answer you?"

"It went to voicemail, so I visited him yesterday." Urvashi beamed.

"That's great! I'm so sorry for not being here. I had no idea. Are you both okay?"

"We had some issues which we sorted today. I just wish he would take a break from his busy schedule to visit Saxena Mansion."

Aahana shook her head and gave a reassuring squeeze to her hand on the table. "Don't worry. I'll make sure he comes to meet you."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

"Really!" Aahana confirmed.

"Oh, Aahana! You're lovely!" Urvashi hugged her. "I'll have to leave now. Don't disturb Atharva. Good night."

"Okay. Good night." She nodded and walked her to the door. With a last smile and final goodbye, Aahana locked it and walked back to the kitchen. She cleaned the table and after doing the dishes, she strolled towards her room but stopped in front of Atharva's room.

Mom said not to disturb him, but there was no harm in checking on him. Right?

She shrugged and pushed his door slightly, feeling beyond surprised to find it unlocked. She tentatively stepped inside his room, hesitating for a moment as she had never been here before today.

The lights were on and for a man, his room was beautiful and pretty clean. Mr CEO was really something. He knew almost everything from business to the household. Could someone be any more perfect?

She looked at his bed and it was empty. She was puzzled now. Didn't mom say he was asleep? So where is he? Maybe in the restroom? She thought but the restroom door was locked from outside.

Frowning, she glanced around and her heart nearly leapt out of her chest as her eyes fell on him.

Don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean the world to me to know what you all think about the story so far. ❤