Chapter 14 - Finally Some Peace

Chapter 14 - Finally Some Peace

Nona

We finally reached the vacation house at around noon. When we got their I was amazed at what I saw. The house was beautifully built with high ceilings and glossy walls. It was fully furnished and the fridge was stocked with food. I got my luggage and dropped it off in a random room.

I walked back to the living room and saw Trent slumped on the couch. He looked tired. I grabbed a bag a chips from the pantry and sat next to him. He flipped on the television and landed on a random channel. We sat there in silence as I looked at him.

"What now?" I asked him.

"We just sit back, and relax." he told me, putting his arm around my shoulder. I smiled and placed my head against his chest. I breathed in his scent. It was intoxicating as I dug my face deep.

I never wanted this moment to end, I wanted to stay like this forever. 

"Hey, what happens if things don't work out and we would have to get married. How would you feel about that?" Trent suddenly asked me. 

I looked at him.

"I wouldn't get married with you." I bluntly replied.

"What?" he looked at me shocked.

"I think I would go back to my old pack and go on from there." I darted my eyes away from him and began to twirl a piece of my hair around my finger. "I don't think we're ready for marriage. Well at least, I don't think you are." I added.

"Why would you say that? What makes you think I'm not ready?"

"I don't know, I can just feel it. Why would you suddenly ask that?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I just wanted to ask." Trent said innocently.

I paused as I pursed my lips together.

"What about you? What would you do?"

"Me, I would get married to you." he said without hesitation.

I got surprised.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I feel like I should." He smiled down at me. I started to gush. "Because I know no other guy would."

Trent began laughing.

My smile slipped off my face and I punched Trent in the chest. He winched in pain.

"Oww" 

I moved away from him and went over to the other end of the couch. I crossed my arms and moved my attention to the television. I ignored Tent's pleas.

"I was just kidding. Gosh, Nona. Take a joke." Trent went over to me and shook my shoulders. He cupped my cheeks with his hand, squishing my face in different directions.Then his hands went down to my hips and he started to tickle me. I giggled and he started to laugh as well. I tried to pry off his fingers, but they stayed put. It started to hurt.

"Haha. S-s-top! Tr-e-ent!" I cried as his fingers accelerated in motion.

"No, I won't stop until you say that your not mad at me anymore."

"Okay, okay. I'm not mad at you anymore" I wheezed.

"And say that Trent Hale is the greatest guy in the world." he added.

"Trent!" I growled, obviously getting annoyed.

Suddenly Trent stopped and I engulfed air into my lungs. I took another smack at Trent's chest and he just gave me a goofy smile.

I rolled my eyes.

Trent

She fell asleep on my chest. I held her delicate body against mine and moved my fingers through her hair. I didn't know what it was, but she always made me feel so right, so calm. With her, I can become myself and feel free. 

I got up and carried her in my arms. I walked to the bedroom and placed her carefully on the bed. I climbed in as well and wrapped a blanket around us. I moved her closer to me, smelling her rosy scented hair. I kissed her  forehead and went to sleep with a smile on my face.

The next day

I woke up and noticed that my arms were empty. I hazily opened my eyes and scanned the bed.

Nona was gone.

I quickly got up from the bed and ran out the room. I raced towards the living room and saw that it was empty too. I checked the rest of the house and it was deserted. I retreated back to the bedroom and growled.

"Nona!" I yelled.

No reply.

Where the heck is she? I started to get angry when all of a sudden, I was tackled and landed on the bed.

"Boo!" Nona screamed as her body was positioned on top of mine. I wrapped her around my arms and sighed in relief.

"Where were you?" I asked letting a smile creep up my face.

"Hiding." she replied.

"From what?"

"From you." she pointed her finger on my nose and beamed a smile at me. She then rolled off and laid next to me on the bed. We laid there for a while, staring up at the ceiling before she finally asked me a question.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Why do you like Diana?" she suddenly brought up Diana and I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean, of course I like Diana, she's my childhood friend."

"Not that kind of like... You love her don't you?' when she asked that question I froze. I stared at her and she looked at me seriously. Her face showed no emotion as I took in a deep breath.

"Yeah, I loved her. I always loved her. Ever since we were kids I forced myself to believe that she and I were destined for each other. That she was my mate, even if my wolf didn't agree with me, I wanted to believe it." I looked over at Nona again and this time I could see her tears silently falling. What I said was true. The secret was out. I did love Diana before I met Nona. For four years I was mateless, I thought I would never find my mate. So what could I say, Diana was there for me and I just grew attached to her. 

But now that I have Nona, things are different.

"But she has someone else special in her heart and so do I." I patted her head in reassurance.

"You love another girl?" I could see her eyes getting angry. I just laughed at her face.

"Haha, stupid. That girl is you." 

Nona blushed, her cheeks turning rosy pink. I licked my lips and put my face only inches away from her.

I placed a hand on her cheek and kissed her lips.