Chapter 7 - Too Much Information!

Trent

I can't believe I'm broke!

I watched as Nona devoured her second slice of pizza, popping the crust into her mouth and then swallowing it whole. After she made sure the tray was licked clean, she went onto the desserts. It was like this girl was a human vacuum! Does she even chew her food?

After watching her stuff the final crumbs of cookies into her mouth she sat back a let out a large burp. I laughed as her expression turned into annoyance.

" Do you like annoying people?" she asked me.

" Only if it's you." I replied as her eyes rolled.

" What about Diana?" she asked, her voice turning serious. She looked at me, with hopeless eyes. All I could do was scrunch my eyebrows together. Why is she suddenly asking me about Diana?

" She's... Diana..." I told her, looking down at my hands.

" Just Diana?" she repeated to her self as I closed my eyes.

Ever since I found out Nona was my mate, something about me has changed. It feels like everything inside of me is gradually pulling me towards her. I think about her all the time, it's like I can't get her out of my head. I try to force myself against it, but the bonds of mates are too strong.

But why Nona? Why couldn't it have been Diana. I always thought it was going to be her, that she was going to be the one. Now it feels like our relationship is going distant. My feelings for her are slowly slipping away.

I looked back at Nona who was waiting for me to do something. I smiled at her and ruffled her hair while getting up from my seat.

" Let's go." I told her, as I got my backpack and placed it on my shoulder.

" Where?" she asked me as we walked towards my car.

"Out with Diana and some other people." I replied getting out my keys. She paused looking on to the ground.

" Ummm.... It's okay I have to go back home..." she lied as she bit her lower lip.

" Psh Liar!" I twisted my head.

" I'm not lying, I have things to take care of actually."

" Come on Nona, live a little." I told her shoving her into the car.

" Trent!" she complained.

" Nona!" I complained back as I hopped in the car and started driving. She pouted as I just laughed. Really this girl, I never laughed this much since she came. I glanced as she bit her lip with her big grey eyes staring off into the distance. My heart pounded every second I looked at her.