III: vii: Someone Else's Crush

Start from the beginning

"He's just so perfect, Draco! He's a really nice guy." she complained. "He just got rejected, give him a break."

"No he's not! He sucks. I'm not giving him anything. Didn't you see that stupid professor turn me into a ferret for him?" Draco spat.

"Well, right after that you turned into a wolf and nearly bit his head off, so I don't think you lost too much pride." Aurum laughed.

"He slipped me down your blouse, Aurum." Draco growled, completely serious. Aurum managed to sneak a snicker without his notice.

"It was funny." Aurum mumbled, blushing.

"Creste, he's caused me so much strife. I hate him and he hates me." Draco moaned.

"Maybe if we date, I can be the bridge. Wouldn't you like to be friends with someone famous?"

"Not one who flaunts it. That Goblet was rigged."

"Obviously. Still, I think he's nice, and maybe if you got to know him like on a double date with Hermione, we could all be friends."

"Are you suggesting a new pack?" Draco bore a wide and cunning grin.

"Perhaps."

"I like the cut of your jib, Creste. Nevertheless, he was a massive jerk to you." Draco's mood became sour. "I don't think I could be friends with someone who made you cry."

"I cry at everything." Aurum rolled her eyes.

"True, true." Draco nodded, thinking. "Still, he was rude, and I'm not letting you date him." Draco rose to his feet.

Aurum sat up, massaging her bottom. "Okay, dad." she sassed.

Draco pointed to her as he walked out of the portrait. "That's Mr. Malfoy to you," he said.

Aurum managed a smile and bounced away with him to the library where Draco was wanting to check out another muggle book. He was going to try Of Mice and Men since he had heard it was about a spoiled friendship. Aurum somehow got the feeling that it might actually be all sunshine and rainbows.

Once they had gotten to the library and settled down, Argentum sat across from the two with a loud plop as he nestled himself into his seat. The other two were quite taken aback.

"Aur, what's your cute friend's name?" Argentum asked in a hurry. He was sweating profusely and must have run a long way to catch up. "Sorry, I'm not used to running. We just apparate everywhere in Durmstrang."

"Well, apparently this is Draco, my future brother-in-law." Aurum joked with a snicker, putting a hand on Draco's shoulder. He was cracking up as well.

"No, your Beauxbatons friend. Her name? She's pureblood?"

"Chantelle Chandeliere. Yes, the Chandeliere family is a famous French pureblooded family." Draco answered before Aurum could open her mouth.

"Okay, I like her, then. I'm taking her to the ball."

"You're just going to take her to the ball because she's friends with me?" Aurum asked, baffled.

"Or because she's pureblood?" Draco scoffed, unbelieving of Argentum's purism.

"Of course! I've had so many girls—and guys—who have asked me to the ball. It was just like, man, I want to go with someone I know at least a little bit. Not some random Hogwarts girl who thinks she can get on the arm of a Champion because it'll make her look cool." Argentum explained.

Aurum looked down at the table, pondering over Harry who had the same situation. "Yeah, I see." she looked back up at her brother. "So you need a letter of recommendation or something?"

"No, I can find her with a spell unless she's protected herself. That's the beauty of dark arts. Reveals people's secrets no matter how illegal." Argentum set off to find Chantelle.

As Draco and Aurum neared the Slytherin common room, they spotted Harry Potter by his lonesome in front of the portrait.

"Pureblood!" Harry shouted.

The portrait rolled her eyes. "For the last time, Mr. Potter, the passwords change every week and today it is just not 'pureblood'!" she stomped a heeled foot. "Go back to Gryffindor or wait on those Slytherins!" she waved him away.

Harry turned around to see the Slytherins she spoke of. He smiled at Aurum, but dropped it as soon as he remembered what he did to her.

"Um, look, I know I was a jerk earlier—" Harry started, scratching the back of his head.

"Yes, that's very accurate." Draco crossed his arms, his eyes fiery.

"Aurum, I'd just like to say I'm sorry for the outburst and the more I thought about it, I realized that you're not the type to ask someone out because they're famous." Harry apologized. Aurum nodded though she had to admit, deep down that was a part of it.

"It's okay." Aurum shrugged with a small smile.

"So would you like to go with me to the ball?" Harry tried to hide part of his blushing cheeks by putting a hand over it.

Aurum stepped forward, but Draco pulled her back. "Don't take his pity. I know he was under stress but that was no excuse for him to lash out at you like that." he harshly whispered, worry in his voice and silver eyes.

"Draco, I'm never going to get this chance again." Aurum begged.

"Fine." he let her go, his expression understanding.

Aurum walked up to Harry. She grinned from ear to ear as she said something that made Draco's eyes widen.

•••••

Author's Note: le gasp! What do you guys think she said? We'll find out in the next chapter :3