Chapter 18: The surprise party

I'm really sorry for not updating recently. School was really stressing me out because I had a whole bunch of final assignments and then I had to prepare for my exams which was also super nerve wracking. The good news is that I just finished all my exams and I'm on summer break! I'm going on vacation with my family for the week so I'll try to find time to write if I can so I can update once we get back. 

As for the summer time, I'm not sure if I'll be able to update often since I'm planning to take a course in July and another one in August, but hopefully I'll be more active with my updating aha.

~

Ivory Bell: 

"Stay still."

"I hate this." Marco replies.

"Then why did you agree to do this?" 

"Just hurry up!" 

I chuckle to myself as Marco grumpily stands still to allow me make adjustments on the outfit he was wearing. 

The white pants, shirt and shoes are a stark difference to his usual attire. The only thing I could sort of see Marco wearing was the long black jacket. This was just one of the few things I had him try out so I can see. 

Taking a step back from him with my needle cushion in my right hand. "You look good in it." I tell him truthfully. Marco can actually pull these off, even some of my most outgoing outfits I designed. 

He has an unamused look etched onto his features. "I look stupid." He replies dryly. 

Rolling my eyes at him, I reach over to remove the jacket and ask him to change into the last outfit. He sighs, but does as I say knowing that it will soon be over. Marco changes in the bathroom and I can hear him muttering and groaning which makes me smile. This one is a little more out there than the other one, but it's much more fancy as well.

A few minutes later Marco returns wearing the all dark maroon velvet suit I designed and put together myself. The maroon tux looks dashing on him and I walk over to adjust the white button up underneath the coat. 

My hand runs over the velvet material and touches the gold embroider on the lapel rolls. Those took forever to stitch. This was one of my favourite pieces. Marco steps up in front of the mirror and looks back into at his reflection. "At least I don't look that stupid." 

"You look amazing." 

"Wait, so why aren't all of these part of the collection you're doing for the show at your internship?" He questions. 

For Ms Mallette's fashion show for the interns, I redesigned a whole new range of outfits. The were much more summery compared to this line that I made myself over the past few years. This collection was something I had put my mind and soul into. Some of these outfits were things I imagined people could wear to a Met Gala, if anything.

I wasn't sure if I should submit these. As extravagant as they were to me, I was scared to reveal anything like that to Ms Mallette who's designs are all clean cut and polished. Of course I love her designs, but I want to make more than some trench coats and pant suits. My designs ranged from casual to extravagant looks and I just wasn't sure if thats what they're looking for.

My eyes fall onto one of my recent works for the fashion show. A long strapless dress with a slit in the side. I liked the design, but when I see it sitting next to my other works I feel like I could have done better. 

I tell Marco that the show was different then what I did and asked him to turn around so I could examine the sleeves off the tux. 

When I'm done, Marco leaves to go to work and I go to my living room which has become my workspace. Pages full of designs are laid out on the coffee table and boxes filled with fabrics scatter the place. I had buy some extra mannequins as well.