“Hello, I think Ms. Hardy probably forgot to tell you, but I’m sort of your tour guide, you know, showing you around the school campus and introduce the teachers to you that kinda stuff. My name’s Nikki Minter.” A dark haired girl pulled the door open before I could push it to go out.

Well, maybe she was referring to the lady who just handed me the file…

“Hi, I’m Whitney-“

“Whitney Levine, that I knew,” She interrupted rudely and blinked her brown eyes, started walking.

“You know, if you don’t want to, or you have something more important to do, you can just leave me here and I can do the tour thing by myself,” I frowned; totally surprised by the attitude she had towards me.

“No, it’s just…” Her tone suddenly softened, a deep sign followed. “I thought you’d be someone different.

“What do you mean?” I was actually a little irritated. I mean, you don’t know my story, you don’t even know me. So why do you get to judge me? Just don’t.

“I saw you walking with the Bass boys, and I heard your conversation with Stephanie just now.” She explained, but I was even more confused.

“So?”

“They’re both popular, so tell me you’re not the freshmen and sophomore wannabes?”

I chuckled. The Bass boys were popular? I was clueless about it until now!

Confusion raised on Nikki’s face as she unexpectedly noticed my smile.

“The Bass boys live right across the side from my house, and I didn’t even know Stephanie whatever her last name is until she told me her name. I don’t want to be popular, trust me. I just want to quietly pass through my high school life without any drama.”

It’s true. I had too many dramas in my life, so I was sick of it…

“Okay,” She replied doubtfully, but then an apologetic smile flowed on her face. “Well, I’m sorry for judging you like that. It’s just even though I’m a sophomore like you, I’ve seen it too many times. Wannabes try as hard as possible to click with the popular, get disappointed and themselves bullied, eventually transfer school. It happens all the time, almost non-stop, seriously.”

“It’s okay,” I uttered convincingly and she led me to my locker, which happened to be under the Bass’s ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Nikki or Matt, Tyler and Austin, sometimes Cody, too, by my side, the first school day went by pretty fast. Getting used to the student’s attention was easier than I thought. Soon it was the most determining (of my status in school) time: Lunch.

Nikki was the one who led me to the cafeteria, which was already flooded with starved students. Every high school has its particular seats’ pattern. In Apple Summer High, what they called the geeks sit with the nerds, and the popular sit next to the…Bass.

“Hey there,” Austin waved at me from far distance, his butt left the chair he was sitting.

I shook my head to show that I knew his existence, and turned to my new friend, Nikki.

“You can join us if you want to.”

“Nah, I’ll probably just go sit with my own friends. You should meet them sometime, they are awesome, just like you are,” She rejected me and picked up an empty tray, headed to the food center. 

I copied what she did and when I reached the top of the waiting line, I ordered some mashed potato and salad, told Nikki goodbye and walked to the Bass table.

“Isn’t it pretty crowded here?” I joked, sitting on the brick of the long orange bench. 

“You’re so skinny! Besides it’s never too crowded for you, babe,” Matt winked at me playfully and Austin snorted, obviously unhappy about his cousin’s behavior.

“Excuse me, fellow students,” Suddenly the same sweet and high pitched voice appeared next to our table where the popular included the rich, the jock and the cheerleaders were sitting, it was Stephanie the principal’s daughter speaking. “This is an important announcement.”

Where did she get a microphone in a canteen anyways? I had no idea. 

Making sure everyone was concentrating on her with a few faked cough and there was absolute silence, she pulled the microphone closer to her lips and uttered the words that nearly made me spit out my smashed potato.

“Let’s welcome my new BFF, Whitney Levine!”

Half of the schoolmates had their jaws dropped, especially the Bass, who all had their eyes pierced at my face. 

“Oh no, what have you done?” Cody inhaled deeply and desperately closed his eyes.

What?! I didn’t do anything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N/A: The longest chapter i have so far, is it? :P

The new girl is always bullied by the 'queen' so i figured i'd try something new!

give me some comments?

- 40 votes before next chapter :)-