Chapter 1 - Radio

~Bellamy's POV~

I hear her voice every day.

Every day I hear her soft voice through the small speaker in the control room, the room that no one dares to enter because of the unstable oxygen supply and the fact that the roof might cave in at any moment but I don't care. I will give anything to hear her voice, even if it means dying.

I have counted the days, 2198 days since I haven't seen Clarke. The first 87 days I thought she was dead, and then I heard her voice while looking for cables for Monty, the sound of her voice echoing down the hall and into the small compartment I was in.

I had ran like I had never ran that day, thinking she was on the Ark, she wasn't. Instead I was greeted by a small radio pulled from its place on the wall and frown to the ground in a heap of wires and mesh, some still connected to the control panel.

I called for Monty, for Raven for Harper and Echo, everyone came rushing in. They spent 3 days working on the radio, but we didn't have the parts, we still don't. Raven says she is still trying everything and as soon as she has made the most basic radio she will tell me.

It's been 2111 days since they have started work and still no radio.

Raven has a radar scanning a small patch of green about 2 miles from where we took off, I'm certain this is where Clarke is. It detects the amount of radiation on the ground and so far there's to much of it, but over the past few hundred days it's been going down, almost to the point where we can go back, we can all go back.

I can go back to Clarke.

The things she has said over that radio have sent me to bed with tears in my eyes, some nights I don't go to bed, I sleep by the radio, wanting to hear her voice go on for ever. She has talked about the unimaginable, how there are new plants and the air is cleaner than ever, that its like the first day on earth when we walked out the drop ship.

Other times she talks about how hard it is, how the water turned her sick for days forced not to come to the radio, I thought she was dead yet again. After that I wanted to go down there more and more, checking the radar every day. The red bar slowly dropping ever so slightly as time stretched on.

After the 200th day in space, the others stopped looking at the radar like they had given up hope. We have the rocket and the supplies ready, we have everything ready. We just need the earth to be.

~~

I wake up and open my eyes slowly. I look to the small porthole letting the glow of the earth sail through my small window. I look over to the wall and the small scratches littering the walls. I stand up slowly and take out my knife, looking over the blade not seeing it as a weapon anymore but instead a haunting object.

I walk over to the wall and add a tally to the many sitting closely together, tightly packed onto the metal wall. I sigh and place my knife on my bed and walk out into the corridor covering my bare chest with my same grey shirt and walking over to the supply bay.

I push through the doors and see Monty at a desk working away at a trinket in his fingers, a red light flashing and a small beep filling the room every few seconds, the Arks life support run from this very room.

"Hey." He says not looking up from his work. I nod knowing he's looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Raven?" I ask simply looking around at the many switches and buttons making my head hurt at the sight of them.

"She went for a walk a few minutes ago." He says placing down his trinket and covering his sore eyes with his hands.

"Get some rest Monty." I say not asking him but wanting him to. I watch him nod and walk past me patting me on the back and walking through the steel doors and out into the corridor.

I sigh and wipe my hand over my face, I will check the radio at noon earth time then get back to bed. I say to myself, making myself a day plan in my already messy brain. I head down the corridor towards one of the many large windows that cover the metal walls of the Ark.

I peer out of it and down towards the scorched earth, the remnants of any land mark that ever was or ever will be, gone, just gone. I look down and see a very small patch of green surrounded by a burning red colour, Clarke's home.

I look down to the small metal create by the window and take it in my hands moving it in front of the widow and sitting down on it, my eyes wondering the surface of the earth. Then I remember O, how she could be dead, or how she could be alive and starving, close to death. Or how she could be just fine. Having no idea that I'm alive and no idea that Clarke is down on earth.

I have heard Clarke talk about the bunker, how she can't get to it due to the amount of rubble. I hear her say we more than often but I'm just putting it down as her missing us or her talking about the many things that live with her on earth, the animals and the stars.

She says she dreams about the stars and how she's working on a telescope so she can hopefully see the ring from Becca's lab. I want her to do it, I want to put I giant red flag on the ring that says. "WE ARE HERE" But it can't be done.

I'm woken from my thoughts by the sound of feet bounding down the hall and yells.

"Where's Bellamy? I need Bellamy!" Says a similar voice, Raven. I jump up from my seat and see her turn the corner to face me, her face flushed red and her hand holding her hip. Her leg brace wrapped tightly around her knee and an arm leaning against the metal walls of the Ark.

"What's happening?" I ask quickly walking over to her. I watch as she catches her breath and a smile makes its way onto her face, the flush in her face only getting brighter.

"It's Earth." She says still catching her breath. I grow worried, had the death wave come back, is Clarke going to be ok, what about Octavia? All these questions flood my mid while I stare blankly at Raven.

"Its safe, we can go down!" She says gripping my shoulders. I stare at her for a few seconds in shock before answering.

"What?" I ask quietly as if not believing what she had just said seconds ago.

"Bellamy, where going to get Clarke."

Leave a review, they help heaps.

-RFRC