Where It All Ends

After School

The bell rung, and everyone got out of their classes. Some went to their clubs, some went to the lockers.

 Budo walked the halls, empty. He walked slow, eyes low, tired. He crouched. He felt broken in half now that his mindset was on letting Ayano go. It was extremely difficult not to think about her.

 Ayano immediately walked downstairs, she wanted to get her objective done. She went to the second floor.

 Budo was in his martial arts room, he stood in his regular spot, staring into space. Shima noticed. When she was through practicing with other members, she walked towards Budo. She held her hands together and her head down.

 "Hi..Budo.." She greeted, almost mumbling. Budo looked down at her with his eyes. "Yes?" He asked softly. "Are you okay..?" Shima asked him concerned.

 Ayano had ran to the martial arts club, but before she burst into the room, she eavesdropped in on Shima and Budo's conversation. She stood at the door, peeking her head through.

 "I'm..fine." He lied. Shima shook her head, "Budo I know you. And I've never seen you like this. No energy, that's very rare. Especially for martial arts. And plus..I care about you, you know?" She held her head down, shy. Budo sighed. "I know, Shima..And i'm sorry for the other day, I was caught up in..something. I didn't mean anything." He apologized. Shima smiled a bright smile.

 Ayano thought it was enough and went into the room. When Budo saw her, his heart dropped. Ayano stood there for a second while they stare at each other. "A-Ayano..Hi." He says shyly. "You're back." He says. Ayano stared at him with the same blank eyes. Budo missed that look, even though he's seen it a hundred times.

 "I want to leave the club." She says. Budo lowered his shoulders. His mouth dropped a little. "Leave?" He asked. Ayano walked in front of him, pushing Shima back a bit. Ayano put her hair behind her ear. "Well yeah..i'm doing..something." Ayano told him, surprisingly feeling nervous. She was also making sure he knows what that something is. Budo looked at her.

 "Uh yeah..of course..you can resign." He nodded, pretending like he's not crying on the inside. Ayano held both of her hands out, and in her hands was the martial arts bandana. Budo looked at them before slowly taking the bandana and holding them tight in his hands. After Budo took the bandana, Ayano left the club. But also left Budo, hopeless.

 Osana left her classroom, running downstairs for the counselor. She was going to be the one to solve the case. And then everyone would want to be her friend! And Taro would be flattered by her bravery and intelligence and totally fall for her. It was the perfect plan.

 When she got there, the counselor was just packing up to go home for a relaxing Friday night. "Counselor!" Osana shouted. The counselor looked up at Osana. "Don't you yell like that, keep an inside voice.." She said and put her finger over her mouth. Osana nodded and put her hands together.

 "I believe I may have solved Oka's case.." Osana said, walking up into the room slowly. The counselor paid attention to packing, "Oh really?" The counselor raised an eyebrow. Osana nodded, "Yes..the murder case. I connected the dots." Osana said, proudly. "And who..might be the murderer?" The counselor asked.

 Osana walked up and whispered it inside of the counselor's ear. The counselor had a straight face. When Osana was finished, she leaned out and backed up. "And do you have proof that this person is really the one..?" She asked. Osana held her head down.