The Shoes

Ayano

 I had no time to lose. I told Kokona to meet me really early. That meant I was supposed to be on that roof by the time. I stormed out my classroom and ran down the hallways. I heard footsteps like mine, but I knew they weren't. I turned my head and from the corner of my eye, I saw Budo chasing after me. Why would he do that?  I thought.

 So I ran faster. I knew I was faster than him and I made sure of that. I tried to run down the stairs as fast as I could so maybe he would speed up and miss a step. In the corner of my eye, I saw him stop at the stairs. I smirked. Then I ran all the way upstairs when I finally got rid of him. Time to meet Kokona.

 I went all the way behind the huge bin where Saki and Kokona met earlier. I stood there, thinking of all the things i'd probably do to her. Then I heard her steps, so slow. "Oh, you're the one wanted to meet me here.." She said softly. She stood in front of me. I tried my hardest not do anything bad for right now. "You said you wanted to talk about domestic abuse..?" She asked. I shook my head. Kokona looked confused. I couldn't help it.

 *1 minute later*

 When my work was done, Kokona's shoes was the only thing left of her. I smiled at my accomplishment. I pat myself down to get my phone. My eyes were widened when I figured out my phone wasn't in my pockets anymore. 

 I looked all around to see if I had dropped it where I came, but I didn't. I wasn't in the right state of mind to stay calm at the time. I decided to calm myself down by taking deep breaths. Then, I stepped forward, peeking over the rail to see Kokona, who was laying all over the concrete. I scrunched up my face. I need to find my phone..  I thought.

 My phone had everything in there, Info-Chan, the information, the students faces, even photos of Taro sleeping. Everything. I couldn't let anything on that phone go to waste. I left the rail and ran away, all the way downstairs. When I got to where Kokona was, I gently dragged her, and placed her in the fireplace and left her in with it on. 

 I ran away. I decided to go back into the school and look for my phone.
Retracing my steps.

 But when I finally gave up, I had reached the Martial Arts club. The only reason why I joined the club, was so I could train myself to be better if I encounter a teacher attack, or anyone else's. I was right at the corner of the door, they were just getting started. I contemplated on whether I should go in or not. But I decided to do so. I walked in. Budo noticed as soon as I walked through the door.

 He gave me an awkward greeting. One of the members pointed to the changing bin. I went inside and changed into a Martial Arts robe. That's when the class started. I learned a lot of new things there. Mostly defense training. 

 But for some reason, Budo stared at me the whole time and would look away if I would catch him. He never told me why he was chasing me back then, but I didn't want to ask him. It would complicate things.

 When it was time to leave, I changed into my regular school clothes and made my way out of the class room. Budo said something to me. My mind was really somewhere else, mostly on where my phone was. But I just went with it even though I wasn't really listening to what he was saying. That's when I left the classroom. I regretted making the decision to go straight home, knowing that my phone was misplaced somewhere. I just had to find it.

 And I wasn't going to quit, either.