Noticed

Taro

It was Tuesday, and I was walking towards the stop me and Osana usually meet up at. The sky was a bit more dull than yesterdays' sky. But I think i'm just so bored that I pay attention to these things. I turned a corner and in the distance, I saw Osana with her regular school outfit on with her hands on her hips. Oh no..

 "Where have you been?!" She complained. I continued to walk down the street towards her. "Do you know what time it is?!" She asked, stomping her foot and pointing to the invisible watch on her wrist. "Uh..no?" I mumbled. I scratched the back of my head. "I'm always waiting for you!" She shouts.

 "I know Osana..I know.." I say, trying to calm her down. I watched her face get red. Did I say something wrong? Did she say something wrong? I arched an eyebrow. "It-It's okay..just start walking, alright!" She yells. Osana and I start walking down the street.

 When me and Osana finally gets to the school, everyone else does too. I met Oka at the gate. She looked at me like I was ghost...that she summoned. Weird.

 And that was not the only thing weird. When I turned the corner, I saw Budo standing by the lockers instead of going straight into the Martial Arts club room like he does and have done for years. 

 He looked like he was in stealth mode in a video game or something. I wanted to confront him, but I was afraid Osana might yell at me. So I faked like i'm speeding up and tried my best to get mixed in with the crowd of students.

 My plan worked perfectly. Once I figured out that Osana finally lost me, I stopped where Budo was. Next thing I know I'm standing in front of the lockers with Budo. And not Osana for the first time.

 "Uh..Budo? What are you doing?" I ask. He turns his head to look at me. "Oh..I was looking for someone." He says. I shrug, "Who..?" Budo squinched his eyes and looks around. "She seems to be not here.." He mutters. I look around too.
The only person I didn't see that I'd usually recognize, was Kokona. I give a confused face. "Why are you looking for her..?" I asked. Budo took a phone out of his back pocket. "Because of this." Budo responded, holding the phone up to me.

 "What? Wait..you still have Ayano's phone..?"

 "Yes..and I know it sounds weird, but I found something.."

 "Uh..it's more than weird, Budo.."

 "Listen, I need a charger from you. So I can continued to-"

 "So you can continue to snoop." I cut him off. I shook my head. "You can't just go through her phone Budo. That's like reading someone's diary." I explained. "Why do you care? You don't even like her.."

 "And you don't even know her.."

 Before me and Budo can continue this conversation of ours, Osana appeared right behind me. Her high-pitched voice scared me senseless.
"Senpai!" She squeaked. I jumped and i'm pretty sure Budo did too. I turned around quickly. "Uh..yes Osana?" I greeted, a bit of whimpering too. 

 "Where have you been? I've been looking for you!" She complained. "Just hanging out with Budo." I shrugged. Osana looked at Budo like he was her arch-nemesis. 
I'm pretty sure these two don't like each other. I saw Budo give Osana a glance, then turn to me, "Please, Taro. I need that wire." Budo plead. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, fine." I groaned. Budo smiled, nodded, gave Osana a look, then left.

-

 It was quarter to lunchtime. And I was still in class. For some reason, I couldn't get the look of Budo's face out of my head when he had asked me for the wire. Something must've really struck him about this Ayano girl. I should probably not call her that. I wanted to find out more about her. Or at least find out why Budo is all of a sudden obsessed with her.

 I've known Budo for years, and it takes a lot for him to have something other than Martial Arts on his mind. Sometimes he even forgot to eat! I stared at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. I planned on talking to her. Ayano. If I could.

 When the bell finally rung, I stormed out the class. I decided to take a trip to the computer lab in my meantime. When I finally got there, I sat at a chair that was in front of a computer. I decided to go on our school website. I typed in her first name, and found her profile.

 Apparently, the only thing I could really find out her is that her full name is Ayano Aishi. And she lives near the school. She's like a blank page. No comments, no likes, posts, or any information whatsoever. I creased my eyebrows.

 Looks like i'll have to get to know her the old fashioned way. But she always running around, how am I going to catch her? Hmm...

 Behind me, I heard footsteps. Fast ones. I turned around and the open doors to find her running down the hall. I went out in the hallway. I saw her running down and trying to make her way upstairs. This is my chance. I follow her.

 So, we get all the way to the top of the stairs. But before she can get past the roof doors, I grab her arm. Soon as I lay so much as a finger on her, she begins to pause. She stood there like a statue. "Ayano..Aishi?" I asked. I feel her shaking in my palms. And finally, I heard her try to say my name. "S-S.." She mumbled. She was almost about to say my name, when Osana burst through the doors. Gosh..that Osana..

 Osana stared at us, with her eyebrows raised. Shocked. "S-Senpai? What are you doing?" She asked. I looked at Ayano, then back at Osana. Ayano moved from the clutches of my hand and stormed down the stairs shyly. 

 I watched her as she did. Dang it! That was my chance! Of course I had more than one day to talk to her, but still. Osana ruined yet another conversation.

 "Well I was talking to Ayano." I pointed down the stairs with my thumb. "Yan-chan..?" Osana asked. I shook my head and walked away from Osana, going through the rooftop doors. I went towards the bench me and Osana usually sit at and grabbed my bento. Osana followed me. "What's your problem?" She asks. "What's your problem?" I ask in aggravation.

 Osana stands there like I had just broke her heart or something. The bell rung, and I just passed her up and walked down to my class. I felt bad about it, but she's been tormenting me for years now, and I needed a break. And Ayano Aishi was my big break.

 Hmm..Ayano Aishi..