Locked Inside

-

It was after class. Budo couldn't wait to get home so he can find out more of what's on Ayano's phone. All he needed was that charger from Senpai. He walked down the hall, trying to dodge everyone that was going in the opposite direction. When he bumped into one of his Martial Arts members trying to get their way to the club. "Budo..?"

 It was Shima Shita. Budo started to stutter. "Uh, I-I-"

 "Oh, don't tell me you're ditching club again."

 "Okay, I won't." Budo said nervously. "Budo.." Shima said, lowering her shoulders.

 People who were walking by were looking at Shima and Budo. Like they were aliens. Some started whispering to each other from ear to ear. But Budo made the gossip even worse when he grabbed her hands. "Listen Shima, I need this. Please don't tell the rest of the club, please..!" Budo pleaded.

 Budo held her hands up to his chest. Shima rolled her eyes. "Okay, fine..but no more ditching after this, okay?" She asked. "Of course! I promise..!" Budo nodded.

 Budo then ran behind Shima and went downstairs. Shima watched as he did. Budo knew Senpai would be by the lockers, and that's exactly where he went. But strangely, he didn't find him there. Instead, he found Osana at the lockers looking around. Like she was looking for Senpai too. 

 Budo and Osana looked at each other for a while. "What are you doing here?" Osana asked, folding her arms. "I could ask you the same question." He said back, gripping onto the phone a bit harder. "Well I asked you first." Osana whined.

 Budo rolled his eyes. "I'm looking for Taro.."

 "So am I..have you see him..?" Osana asked.

 "If I'd seen him, I wouldn't be looking for him, would I?"

 "Okay! Calm yourself!" Osana yelled.

 Budo shook his head, "This is ridiculous.." He mumbled. "..Where would he be?"

 Osana frowned, looking away, "..I have an idea.."

 Budo backed away a bit, "Look, if you think we're going to partner up.."

 "No! I meant..I meant he might be trying to get in touch with that Yan-Chan girl." 

 Budo stepped closer. "Ayano..?"

 "Yes." Osana answered. "Yan-Chan." 

 Budo thought about it for a second. "Why would he be looking for her? He knows i'm the one interested." He frowned.
 "Wait, you're the one that influenced Senpai to like that girl?" Osana asked, creasing her eyebrows. "Influenced? No! I just told him about her, that's all." Budo explained.

 "Well, Senpai is looking for her, and I guess he..likes her now." Osana said, lowering her head.

 "What! He likes her? That's impossible. He doesn't even know her, and he always says she's weird and things.." Budo exclaimed. "So we can agree that we're both jealous and looking for Senpai." Osana rolled her eyes. Budo started to think. "Hmm, if I were Ayano, where would I be..?" He mumbled. He paced back and forth. Osana rolled her eyes at his mumbling.

 Soon, Budo's eyes widened, when he finally got the idea. "The rooftop! Ayano mostly spends her time on the rooftop! Of course!" Budo said excitedly. "Great, now go get her. I'll stay here just in case Senpai shows.." Osana said. Budo nodded and turned to run up the stairs.

 He reached the rooftop doors and pushed them open, with the phone still in hand. He saw Taro, crouched by a bench. Looking out into the distance over the rail. "Taro?!" Budo shouted as he walked to him. Taro turned quick and stood up.