The Regret

Taro sat on the rooftop. It was still lunchtime. He sat there, eating the bento he prepared for himself. He thought of Osana. He felt a bit lonely because Osana wasn't there to yell at him when he was late. Then, he covered his eyes with his palms and shook his head. "I'm such a jerk!" He said to himself. When he was done, he lowered his palms and let them fall on his lap. He sighed, "I guess I have to apologize now.." He mumbled. 

 Taro stood up and took his bento with him. He went through the double doors and went down the stairs. He got to the vending machines, where everyone else were. Osana saw him as soon as he walked through. But Taro saw Ayano and Budo. He then forgot all about his plan to talk to Osana. They're still hanging out? 
Taro thought to himself. He went towards them.

 "Hey, Budo!" Taro greeted. Ayano held her head down. "Oh, hi Taro.." Budo said, smiling. Taro looked at Ayano, "Hello Ay-"

 "Taro? Do you think or heard the idea of me and Shima, dating?" Budo asked. "No, of course not. Wait..are you?" Taro asked. "No way! I don't like Shima! She can't even get a kick right!" Budo explained. Taro chuckled. Then he raised an eyebrow. 

 "So.. you don't like Shima..but is there a reason you're denying so hard? Do you like someone else?" He asked. Taro tried to get the truth out of Budo. He looked to Ayano, who still had her head down. Budo leaned into Taro's ear, "I can't say it here..!" He whispered. Taro smiled. He looked the group of boys who were talking about Oka and her death and who they think did it. 

 "It's so sad about what happened to Oka.." Taro said. Budo peeked at Ayano to see if she was as nervous as he was to hear Taro say those words. "Yeah..she didn't really have a lot of friends, either.." Budo responded. "I wonder what she did to deserve such a gruesome death.."

 Then, the occult club members came in all together. They walked towards Ayano, Taro, and Budo. Everybody watched. "What are they doing..?" Taro mumbled.

 "Hello, my name is Shin Higaku, I was the substitute president of the occult Club. Oka trusted me with the entire club before." He announced.

 "My name is Kokuma Jutsu.." A girl with an eye-patch introduced. "..We decided to end the club because of Oka's sudden death, but that doesn't mean we're just going to let it go."

 Shin stepped up, "We've also decided that we're going to avenge Oka's death. Which means we are going to do all we can to find the person who ended the life of a club president, and also our friend."

 "Well, it's not any of us.." Yuna Hina spoke up. "The counselor has given us the permission to find the culprit in the school." Kokuma said. The other members nodded. "Well, good luck." Budo said. The members walked away slowly. Before Shin could leave the hallway around the corner, he took a peek at Ayano, who held her head up.

 "Did they really try to seem intimidating?" Ayano blurted out. Taro laughed. "I think so." He chuckled. Budo raised an eyebrow. Clearly suspicious.

Lunch time was over. Everyone went back to their class. Ayano watched as Taro walked away. Budo did too, but he stopped mid-way and looked back at Ayano. "You okay?" He asked. Ayano nodded. "I'm fine.." She said. But Ayano realized that lunchtime was over. She wanted to spend this time thinking of her next plan. To take down her biggest rival. She realized she just wasted her time.

 She could've spied or eavesdropped to pick up any dirt on her or anything that can get her closer to success. But she'd been distracted.

 She went to her class. Budo watched as she walked into her classroom door. Then, he went to his own class.

 Budo spent his whole class time thinking of Ayano. He didn't know why, but he was obsessed with her. He thought of her all the time ever since he saw her that day. When she stood out from the rest of the group of students. He didn't know how he felt about martial arts anymore. It didn't even come to mind. He didn't know what was going on with her, she was a psychopath! That part seemed to swiftly pass his mind.

 Ayano spent her time in class thinking about why she even hung out with Budo in the first place. Ayano raised her hand in class. "Can I go to the bathroom?" She asked her teacher. "Yes, go quickly.." Her teacher told her. Ayano got up from her seat and went out the halls and went to the bathroom down the hall.

 When Ayano got to the bathroom, she looked herself in the mirror. "Ugh, what was I thinking!" She covered her eyes with her hands. "I've wasted my time with that distracting Budo, I could've spent my time figuring out how to eliminate my next rival." She said to herself. Osana was walking by when she over-heard Ayano talking to herself and decided to eavesdrop by the door. 

 "..That Budo is in my way...why did I even begin to think I could trust him.." Ayano said again to herself, rubbing her eyes. She had no idea she was standing in one spot with Budo the entire time. She felt as though she had wasted her time, and Osana had no idea what she was talking about.

 "I have to eliminate my next rival, I have to find that phone. And I have to get rid of the rest of the members of the Occult club, they seem to be in my way." Ayano looked into the mirror with a dark expression. Osana eyes grew big. She raised an eyebrow. "Ayano is the one..?" Osana whispered to herself. Ayano quickly looked to the bathroom door as if she heard something. Osana ran back and began walking towards the bathroom and pretended like she was just passing by. Ayano stood at the bathroom door watching Osana. 

 "Ayano.."
Osana looked at her as she passed by. Osana said it with an annoyed tone. Ayano kept her dark expression. Ayano spoke to herself again,

 "I just have one thing to take care of first.."