Chapter 12

"Lottie, what do you want for lunch? You haven't had anything since the morning." Brad called,

"I'm not hungry." I replied, sitting on my bed scrolling through Twitter.

"How can you not be hungry missy?" I heard, Brad say while storming up the stairs.

"I'm just not." I blurted out, just as he jumped onto me,

"Well that not good enough answer! You need to eat and you know you do." He began, before picking my up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Stop! You're going to drop me!" I yelled, holding onto his chest for dear life.

"Please, just leave it. I'm not hungry." I said as he sat me on the bottom stair.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"Nothing." I replied,

"Well there obviously is something wrong!" He argued,

"Please, just leave me alone!" I snapped, I didn't want to sound rude but it just came out.

I walked back upstairs into my bathroom, taking a look in the mirror where, I reapplied my mascara.

I took a few deep breaths and got my phone out.

Text to Brad the Great

I'm sorry, you can come back if you like. L x

With the text sent I heard someone come up the stairs, thinking it was Brad I sat up from the bed, where in walked Connor,

"Brad, your phones bleeped." Connor said, walking into the room.

"Oh sorry, I thought Brad was here, do you know where he's gone." Connor asked, with a confused look on his face.

"No, I thought he was downstairs with you!" I replied. I got up and went downstairs to look for him. I poking my head round the living room, kitchen and the downstairs toilet, but there was no sign of him anywhere. I opened the back door but still no luck.

"Has anyone seen Brad?" I said as I walked pass the living room again,

"No isn't he with you?" Tristan said

"Obviously not! If she looking for him" James laughed,

I walked back into the hall way picking up my keys, "I won't be long." I shouted before opening the door, I got to the end of my drive way, looking left then right, still no sign of him, I walked towards the park hoping he had just gone there. I opened the gate to see Brad sitting on the bench we were sat on the other day.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I stood behind him. I sat next to him hoping he would respond, but he didn't.

"I'll just leave then." I said my head dropping towards the ground, I handed him his phone before I started to walk off.

I walked back across the grass towards the gate, closing the gate behind me. I walked back down the road towards my house, putting the key in the door regretting that I left Brad at the park. I wish I didn't say what I did earlier saying, regretting getting upset earlier about him leaving, I just wanted everything to be back to how they were this before.

I walked into the living room picking Jake up.

"It's nap time now, you've had a busy morning playing haven't you!" I giggled cuddling him, I placed him in his cot leaving the door open.

"Did you find him?" James inquired.

"Yeah, he's at the park." I replied, wishing it wasn't true.

"It's all my fault James. I should have just listened to him in the first place. He was doing what was best for me anyway, and now he hates me." The words came rushing from my mouth.

"I doubt that's true! Just give him time." He smiled.

With that there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see Brad standing there. He didn't say a word he just walked straight past me into the living room,

Uh oh! What do you will happen? Will they sort it out by tomorrow?

Comment, Vote and Share :)

K x