Chapter 2

"I’m Brad by the way. It’s nice to meet you.” He said, with a big grin on his face.

“I’m Lottie, and this is my little brother Jake.” I said picking Jake up. Olly had now run over sniffing my pockets, he was hoping for a treat but they were still hiding in a box somewhere. I put Jake back down as I put the lead back onto Olly.

 “Hello little man.” Brad said to the Jake, kneeling down next to him.

 “Aw, is this your dog?” Brad said, as he leant over to stroke Olly.

“Yeah, do you have one?” I asked, half watching where Jake was now walking off to.

“Yes, I’ve got a Golden Retriever, Jesse. Let me introduce you to my friends.” He said walking toward the other boys, where Jake was now playing with the ball.

“Guys, this is Lottie, and her little brother Jake,” he said, pointing towards me.

“This is James, Tristan and Connor.” He said, they all smiled and said hello.

“Your brother is so cute!”  James said, sitting on the floor with him.

We all sat on the grass talking, I told them how I was new here. They said they would show me around some time which was cool and they told me that they were in a band.

I got my phone out of my pocket, it was now 5. I’d been out for over an hour, I bet mum was wondering where I had gotten too!

“Gosh it’s already five. I have to go!” I told the boys, while I was trying to get the ball off Jake.

“Wait! We'll walk you back” Brad smiled.

“You don’t have to." I replied, "I know where I’m going, well I think I do?” I said, with some confusion in my voice.

“No, we don’t mind, where do you live?” James asked.

“West Way” I told them.

“Really I live on that road too! What number do you live at?” Tristan said in shock.

“28” I replied, I have only know these boys for like an hour and I already told them where I lived!

“NO WAY! I live at 27! You live in the house opposite me!”

“Omg really!” It’s cool that we have good neighbours unlike in London. They were horrible! Mr and Mrs Green!

“We defiantly don’t mind walking you home now! Now that we know it’s not far to go!” Connor laughed.

James picked up Jake with the ball still firmly in Jake's hands. Tristan and Connor took Olly and ran off ahead. It was just me and Brad left, as we began to walk home.

“Jake seems to really like James.” He laughed pointing to the two of them. James was tickling Jake and Jake was in fits of giggles,

“I’m really glad I’ve met you Lottie.” Brad said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder bringing me in closer to him. 

I think I really like Brad, there was no one like Brad in London. I hope it will be a fresh new start here, no more drama.

“Me too!” I said blushing, Tristan and Connor were now way ahead of us, James and Jake were just about to turn the corner onto our road, so I knew we didnt have far now go.

Roar by Katy Perry begun to ring from my pocket, “It’s my Mum” I mouthed to Brad.

“Hello. Yes, I’m on my way back now. We are fine. Don’t worry. Yes. Okay. See you in a bit. Bye”