Chapter 6

It was now coming up to 4.30, the film had finished a while ago and we were just chatting amongst ourselves. Jake was awake again and he was now colouring in his new Bob the Builder colouring book, we got him yesterday when at Tesco.

"When's your mum coming back?" Tris asked.

"Her shift finishes at 9 so she'll be back at around 9.30 I guess." I replied,

I looked over to Brad, who again had a cheeky grin on his face.

"What's that look for!" I asked giving him a nudge.

"What's what for?" He replied, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"I need to take Olly for a walk, anyone want to come with?" I asked.

Nobody wanted to come, they were all too full from lunch. I picked up Olly's lead and called him from upstairs. He galloped down the stairs jumping up at my legs at the bottom where I was holding his lead.

"Right, I'm going, are you sure you don't want to come?" I begged, walking into the living room.

"Fine! I'll come." Brad winked, as he went to get his shoes.

"Take care of Jake. We won't be long. Call me if you need anything." I called, before closing the door and walking into the hall.

We walked down the driveway, where Brad put his hand out gesturing me to hold it. I placed my hand into his, shivers took over my body. I could feel my checks burning, meaning only one thing, I was blushing!

We walked to the same park that we went to yesterday. When we arrived I let Olly of his lead for him to run about. Brad and I sat on a bench, we begun to talk when the question I was dreading came up.

"Why did you move down here?" His words rang in my ears.

"Err we, we, ermm, because of mum's work." I stammered, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you." He quickly said, trying to make me feel better.

Waving my arms in front of my eyes, hoping that no tears would fall. I stood up from the bench turning away from Brad. I don't know what to say, I don't know how to tell him. I think about it every day, but I just want to forget about it. I miss them so much. It feels like yesterday, when we were in the car together driving to my horse riding lessons, its actually been 4 months. Brad came up behind me bring me back to the bench placing me on his lap.

"It's okay." he whispered, placing his hands on my cheeks wiping my tears away.

The tears begun to roll down my checks. "I'm sorry, it's just I've never spoken about it before" I sobbed.

We sat in the same position, as I explain what happened 4 months ago. When we had the car accident, the day my dad and little sister Sophie passed away. In a weird way it felt good talking about it. I pulled out my phone unlocking it to show Brad a picture of Sophie which was on my background.

"Aww, she's so pretty, just like you!" He smiled wiping the tears from my face.

Jake was too young to really understand what happening, and mum just pretends it didn't happen, I explained to Brad, I wiped my eyes and stood up. I called for Olly and he came running towards us. I put the lead back onto his collar and began to walk back home.

"Thanks for that" I smiled, looking into Brad eyes,

"That what I'm here for!" He replied, pulling into a hug. It make me feel safe when he did this to me. I felt as if nothing bad would happen.

We walked the rest of the way home in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence though, I was just thinking things through in her head.

As we walked up to the house, I slipped my hand out of Brad's not wanting the others to see.

"They don't know anything about us, I don't want them to know, just not yet" I said giving a weak smile.

I walked up to the front door, pulling my key out and placing it in the door.

"Lottiiie" Jake shouted, running into the hall way.

"Look, Look!" he pointed, pulling my hand into the living room, pointing at his colouring book. He had coloured a picture of Wendy from Bob the Builder.

"It's lovely!" I beamed, pulling him into a hug. "I love you buddy." I said, kissing his cheek.

"Good job little man!" Brad said, picking Jake up, and spinning him around.

I went into the hall to take of my shoes. I sat on the bottom stair, placing my head in my hands. I miss him so much, we were best friends. I'd tell him absolutely everything, but now - he's gone.

I stood up and walked into my room. Looking in the mirror my makeup had all smudged, the rest of the boys must of knew I had been crying. I went into my bathroom and locked the door. Sitting against the door everything came back from that day. The last words he said to me, " I love you baby girl, look after your mum, brother and sister for me." The tears now flowing fast.

I heard my bedroom door creak open, Suddenly there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Lottie it's me, can I come in?" Brad asked, while knocking on the door.

He pulled down the handle of the door, but it was locked.

"Please Lottie!" He begged.

What do you thinks going to happen?

I hope your enjoying HWTO so far :)

Comment, Vote and Share :D

K x