Chapter 27

Chapter 27 

Raphael woke suddenly and brushed his hair away from his face. Why had he woken up? He felt a slight movement against his back and smiled as he felt the familiar warmth of Fiora. Sighing contentedly he switched sides and pulled her slim body close to him in the darkness. 

Slowly he rubbed her shoulder and his hand came away wet. He moved the wetness around in his palm, trying to grasp what it was in the darkness. Tentatively he placed his hand lower on her side, more wetness. 

“Fiora?” He attempted to croak out but his throat wouldn’t let him. 

Suddenly the first rays of light spilled their way into the room and crawled slowly to the large bed. 

Blood. 

Everywhere there was blood. Fiora’s once white night gown soaked red with blood. 

“Fiora!” He screamed but he couldn’t get the words out. 

He rolled her onto her back and her eyes stared blankly up at the ceiling. 

“No!” His vocal chords let him scream this time, and scream he did. 

Raphael wiped blood off of her face and tried to rid it on his hands but the blood slowly moved its way up his arms. 

“NO! HELP!” 

-----

“Raphael! Raphael!” 

“Raphael look at me!” 

A sharp sting suddenly woke Raphael and he stared up into the deep eyes of Fiora. 

“Fiora..” He breathed as her slender hand came to wipe sweat from his brow. 

“I’m here, I’m here.” She whispered back. 

“It was a dream.” Raphael nodded to himself and reached out a tentative hand to brush Fiora’s arm. It was not damp, but slightly cold to the touch. 

“Are you cold?” 

Fiora blinked and looked thoughtful. “I suppose I am.” 

He pulled her down to rest her head on his bare chest and sighed at the contact. 

“Did I frighten you?” He whispered in the darkness. 

There was no answer for a long while. 

“Yes.” 

“I’m sorry.” He pulled her in closer so he could feel every curve of her body on his side. There was no response but he could feel her chest moving up and down slowly, and a slight whisper of breath on his chest. 

Raphael let his eyes drop heavily and concentrated on the rhythm of his breathing in comparison to hers. 

“I love you, never leave me.” He whispered and with that slipped back into slumber. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who has come back to read my new chapters, even though I was gone for a long long time. 

Love you guys, 

       Miisaki <3