Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Nora rolled over in bed and allowed her eyelids to slid open. Her thoughts felt sluggish as they traversed through the days tasks. She also turned them upon yesterdays conversations with Fiora. 

Fiora was quite curious when it came to her to past and frankly Nora didn’t feel like giving up every detail. Her childhood was a stressed one, stained with deception and bad choices. 

She closed her eyes again trying to ward off the horrible flashbacks. 

“Nora, do you honestly intend to sleep the day away?..I can only make excuses to your mother for so long!” Jenny’s voice rescued her thoughts from the doorway. 

“Mmmmmm.” Was all Nora could muster mumbling. 

“You have to pick up your mother’s order at the tailors today. You were due two hours ago actually.” Fabric suddenly slapped Nora against her face. 

“Get dressed.” Jenny plopped down on the edge of the bed. 

“What did you tell her this time?” 

“I told her you had a slight headache and were resting whilst doing some needle work.” 

“You’re a saint.” Nora sat up and patted her maid upon the hand. 

“It’s a sin that she wishes me to wake up so early each day! If the sun is not up, neither should I!” 

Jenny chuckled while helping Nora shimmy into her day dress while still in a sitting position. 

--

After making herself look mildly presentable she ventured out of her house and down the street. 

The weather was pleasant and she enjoyed the way her thin summer dress danced about her legs in the slight breeze. 

The cobble stone streets were packed with people today, she inched around people gazing into shop windows. The hustle and bustle of the city filled her with a unique energy. At her old house in the country she would dream of the city life. 

And now that she had that life, she couldn't help but dream of the quiet country life. A life where she would wake up to the smell of a rich breakfast, and just down the dirt path lived Erickson-

Nora paused mid stride to shake her head. That life was behind her, she should focus on the here and now. 

Looking about herself she realized she had passed the tailors shop by at least a whole block. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello my dears! Miss me? I've missed you! Hope I still have some fans out there that remember this story! Sorry I've been gone, I have no good excuse other than...I suck. SORRY!   Anywho...I hope your summer has been going well and I look forward to your comments! ~Miisaki.