Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Nora bit her bottom lip and tried to keep her expression calm as Fiora inquired-

“Nora...I have to ask, do you know Erickson?” 

“Does it appear that we know each other?” She laughed and tried to keep her voice light. 

“Well...a little, I must admit. It just struck me as strange since he is always here slaving away at Rafael’s silly tasks...I didn’t think he left or met people that often.” 

“Just as much a rule abider as ever I suppose?” Nora added the thought bringing a slight smile to her face. 

When Fiora merely smiled in return, Nora knew she couldn’t avoid the question any longer. 

“Yes...your assumptions were correct. We knew each other long ago, we grew up together and I haven’t seen him since I was in my teen years.” 

Fiora’s eyes seemed to light up with this information. 

“Ahh but you look so young! You can’t be that far off from your teen years!” The queen exclaimed nudging Nora playfully on the arm. 

“Perhaps not that far off, but it feels like forever ago, so much has happened since then. I’m surprised he still remembers me truth be told.” She shrugged lamely. 

“A pretty girl like you! Of course he’d remember.” If she wasn’t mistaken Fiora’s eyes seemed flashed with mischief.

“Well, just between us, we did have eyes for each other...way back when.” 

Just as soon as she uttered the sentence Nora was transported back into the barn on that warm June night. 

(A/N- Flashback) 

Erickson crouched down in front of her and gently moved a strand of hair behind her ear, as was his habit. 

“I know it hurts.” His hands came to rest on the sides of her face and she glanced up into his icy blue eyes. 

“I don’t...I don’t understand why it happened.” She breathed, choking on tears. 

“My father was also lost, a year ago. That is what happens with war, you have to expect it.” 

Nora slapped his hands away. “That is so cruel!” 

Suddenly she was pulled hard against his chest. It was so warm and she could hear his heart beating wildly.  

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry this has happened. I don’t know what to say-” His voice broke.

Her tears over flowed then and she sobbed in abandonment into Erik’s chest. 

“Just hold me.” She had whispered and he did. He had held her for what seemed like hours, until her tears had finally dried up. 

It was on that very night, that Erickson made love to her. She knew it was wrong, but there was an emptiness inside her, only the boy who had cared for her above all others could fill. 

“Nora...?” Fiora’s questioning tone brought her back to the present. 

“I’m sorry- I was just... remembering something”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!!!! 

I am pleased to announce that I am finished with my first year of college and can finally devote some more time to writing! I'm done with exams and have moved out of the dorms! Home at last!

Happy Summer Vacation,

Miisaki <3