Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Nora backtracked towards the tailors shop and entered the airy waiting room. 

“Hello!”  A voice shouted from a place unknown. 

“Good day.” Nora questioned looking around the empty well lit room. 

Suddenly a woman practically promenaded through a pair of deep purple curtains. She had a mass of curly black locks atop her head flying out in every direction. A deep velvety red dress revealed a surprisingly buxom physic as she practically danced over to where Nora stood. 

“Jacqueline Morgan-” She held out a hand with a limp wrist. 

Unsure of what to do Nora clasped the hand and attempted to shake it awkwardly. 

“Pleasure to meet you.”

Jacqueline withdrew her hand and turned back towards the swaying curtains. 

“I’ll have Samuel take your measurements and order while I finish up with this customer.”

“No no I-” Nora began but was cut off by Jacqueline’s scream 

“SAMUEL!” At the first call a small blonde boy tumbled out of a side pair of curtains and sidled up to Jacqueline.

“SAMUEL!” She called out again, not noticing his presence. 

“Where is that runt?” 

“Here ma’am.” The boy squeaked out tugging at her sleeve. 

“There you are! How many times must I call your name?!” 

“Sorry ma’am” 

“No matter, take this womans orders.” She motioned over her shoulder. 

“Mrs. Morgan!” Nora raised her voice louder than she originally intended causing Jacqueline to turn and raise an eyebrow.

“It’s miss..” She practically hissed. 

“Miss Morgan, I’m Nora Hamilton...I’m just here to pick up an order for my mother.”  

“Oh, why didn’t you say so in the first place?...Samuel!” She screamed the boys name only to discover he was still at her immediate right.

Before the seamstress could bark any more orders Fiora appeared through the purple curtains. 

“Nora! I knew I recognized your voice!” She looked beautiful, almost as if she was glowing. 

Fiora closed the distance and gave Nora a hug which she reluctantly returned. 

“Your majesty-” Nora smiled.

“Oh come now, you can call Fiora!” She grinned ear to ear. 

“Jacqueline this is my good friend Nora, she’s very special to me so treat her with the same kindness you would me!” 

Jacqueline instantly gathered up Nora’s hands in hers. 

“Any friend of the Queen’s is a friend of mine.” 

Nora felt awkward at the contact and broke the odd moment by asking. 

“What are you doing here? Don't you have your own tailor at the castle?” 

“I had to get a few dresses altered, all that wedding feasting you know...but Jacqueline and I are old friends.” Fiora dropped the subject immediately and turned sternly to Nora.

“Do you have any further plans this afternoon?” 

Nora thought about the daunting chores that still had to be accomplished. 

“No, nothing in particular.” 

“Care to spend it with me? I have a few errands to run yet and I would love the company.” Fiora turned her large pleading eyes upon her. 

Nora bit her bottom lip...would it be rude to decline? She is the queen after all. 

“Sure, why not.” Nora shrugged. 

“Wonderful!” Fiora grinned her contagious grin. 

Just then the bells on the front door rang with someones arrival, they all turned to look as Erickson stepped into the light.

“Just making sure we are on schedule, ready for the next store?” He placed a casual hand upon his hip and look positively...handsome.