Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

Rafael lay upon a silken pillow, resting his head mere inches away from the beautiful woman next to him. 

“Fiora.” He whispered, just loving her name. Loving that she was his. Loving her. 

Her chestnut hair sprawled wildly about her and her face was aglow from all the passionate love making. 

Long lashes graced her high cheekbones and her full lips were slightly pursed in sleep. 

“Hmm” 

She made a small noise in her sleep and Rafael couldn’t help but smile. His eyes traveled downwards, her perfect figure was almost visible through the thin sheet. 

He couldn’t contain himself anymore and leaned over to lightly brush his lips against hers. Surprisingly she returned his kiss with passion and fire. 

Rafael pulled away surprised yet delighted. 

“Stop watching me sleep.” Fiora pouted, still keeping her eyes closed. 

“I can hardly help it dear heart. I’m afraid I’m going to wake up and this has all been a dream.” He was half joking but at the same time quite serious. 

“I’m here, I’m real and I love you.” She smiled sleepily. 

Rafael grinned widely, feeling like a fool and instead grabbed her slim figured and brought it closer. He cradled her in a S shape with his body and slung his arm over her body and gently intwined his fingers with hers. 

He finally allowed his eyes to droop and breathed in the scent of her deeply before drifting off to sleep. 

-----------------------------

Fiora woke lazily mid morning and squirmed out of Rafael’s sleeping arms. She walked around the large newly furnished room. As much as she wanted to look at each new item and enjoy the new rugs and tapestries her attention was on Rafael. 

His masculine scent clung to her night gown and hair and she loved it. 

She  walked over to the window and peeked out the curtain, being cautious not to bring too much light in that would wake him. 

The sun was shining and the clouds in the sky were large and full. It was going to be a beautiful day...

“No.” She corrected herself turning once more to Rafael’s sleeping form. 

It was going to be a beautiful life and she was going to spend it with the man she loved. She hugged herself feeling foolishly blissful and headed over to a large dresser. 

Fiora pulled out a light purple day dress, it was light and reminded her of springtime flowers. She pulled back her hair into a loose brain before quietly heading out of the door. 

Fiora couldn’t help humming contentedly as she made her way down the stairs. At the last step she noticed Erickson standing at attention. 

“Ahh good morning!” She greeted causing him to blinking wildly and spin around. 

He bowed quickly making his sandy hair bob up and down. “Good morning.” 

“I was just on my way to the kitchen.” She smiled up at him. 

“There’s no need, I can have the servants bring you anything you’d like.” 

“Oh no no, I want to make breakfast for my husband.” Fiora left out a mirthful giggle. 

“You’re in quite the mood...” Erickson smiled down at her, his light blue eyes laughing. 

“I know! Isn’t it wonderful!”