Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Fiora slipped into her simple pale pink dress and was dotting her wrists with perfume when Rafael strode in. They had danced in the ballroom together until one of the servants politely asked them if they might sweep the floor under their feet. Fiora had laughed, not realizing how silly they must have looked. But Rafael had bowed to her and left the ballroom. 

She felt it was strange how after so long of not communicating or touching, he had scooped her up and danced with her like he hadn’t a care in the world. And as he strode into their room, his eyes shown with love and passion. 

“Fiora.” He smiled at her. “You look incredible, as always.” 

Fiora could feel herself blushing from head to toe as his eyes racked over her body. 

“Thank you.” She said and picked up a comb to run through her thick hair. 

Suddenly Rafael had his arms on either side of her, resting down against her dresser. She looked up into the mirror and met his eyes there. They were burning with passion, so much passion that Fiora had to look down. She felt timid and embarrassed in his presence now that he had refused to touch her for so long. So when his lips grazed her earlobe she felt passion unfolding in her belly. 

“Fiora.” He breathed against her neck. “I’m sorry to have left you for so long. I couldn’t bare to touch you...and yet...I find I can no longer keep away.” He started trailing hot kisses down her neck. 

“I don’t want to hurt you.” He said coming up for air. 

Fiora’s blood was like fire in her veins and her breathing quickened. “You wont.” She said quickly, not wanting his kissing to stop. 

“If you want me to stop, just say so.” Rafael breathed, his words like velvet. 

Suddenly Fiora stood up from her sitting position and turned to face Rafael. His lips met hers in a furry as she arched her body to lay flush with his. She felt wild with need all of a sudden and twisted her hands in his hair. 

Rafael’s tongue darted out and Fiora caught it, sucking on it gently before letting it go only to hear Rafael groan. 

“Ahh, Fiora.” He cried out as she slipped out of her dress in one quick motion and pushed him onto the bed behind them. Almost frantically she unbuttoned Rafael’s trousers and he broke their kiss only to roughly remove them. 

“Slowly, Fiora...” He almost groaned the words into her shoulder as she lowered herself onto him. 

“Ahhh.” He sighed almost painfully against her neck. 

-------------

They lay completely naked and entwined with each other for hours after that. Rafael slowly running his fingers through her hair and Fiora tracing her fingers across the little spattering of hair on his chest. 

Neither one of them said a thing and Fiora was just happy to lay in his arms with her body humming contentedly. 

Suddenly a knock on their door caused them to glance at each other with mischief in their eyes. 

“Do not enter, we are not at all decent in any sense of the word!” Rafael called out. 

Fiora swatted him on the stomach as she stifled a giggle. 

“Sire, it would be best if you attended the last few hours of the ball.” 

Rafael laughed joyously and gave Fiora an “oops” look, that she in turn returned. 

“Naturally. We will join our guests shortly.” 

With that, Rafael kissed her bare shoulder and reached for his strewn trousers. 

“Let us go dance the night away my love.” He said handing Fiora her dress off the floor.